Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OT letter/form

(7 Posts)
coff33pot Wed 17-Aug-11 16:40:42

Well with the psych appointment coming for Sept I now got a letter from the OT who DS was referred to by the comm pead in July.

Enclosed is a Short Sensory Profile which I have completed

Sons issues are.....
Tactile 22/35
Auditory Filtering 12/30
Visual-Auditory 14/25
Underresponsive-seeks sensation 7/35

What a mix

I have sent the form back today and its says once scored the OT will be in touch to discuss how best to progress the referral.

Can they deal with all this at once?

The Pead said that at first it is a few meetings with other mothers then possibly 1 to 1 meetings? I cant see DS getting anywhere with other ppl there at the same time.

Also I was thinking maybe if the auditory/visual auditory issues were dealt with then maybe the bottom one might calm down the sensation seeking/figeting etc.

chuckeyegg Thu 18-Aug-11 16:32:53

I've just had my first occ therapist appointment and filled in the sensory profile form. The occ therapist is seeing him in two weeks to start therapy. Unfortunately DS was not in a very co-operative mood. I don't know what to expect either.

coff33pot Thu 18-Aug-11 17:23:19

Glad I am not alone! Perhaps we can share experiences.smileWhen we get appointment the first one will be a disaster as DS will only want to know the layout of the room first and discuss the knots on the skirting board or the crack in the ceiling, why she is using a particular pen and does she eat and sleep in there grin He would have to go at least twice to just get the scanning the area out of his system first.

nadia77 Thu 18-Aug-11 23:23:41

i'm sorry to ask this question in this thread but how do i get referral to ot

steelev48 Fri 19-Aug-11 00:00:32

Different areas seem to do things differently. My son had an assessment two weeks ago and had a similar outcome from the sensory profile. I am yet to receive his report/program but from what she said it will be a load of exercises to do at home and at school.

Nadia, I think it depends on the age of the child and possibly where you live. The first time we were referred by our health visitor, the second time the SENCO (but she had to get the school nurse to sign the form) and the third time I was able to refer back myself as I had been given a "parental re-referral form" and his physio did a separate referral at the same time just to make sure.

coff33pot Fri 19-Aug-11 00:28:25

It was the community Pead that was assessing DS for his SA that referred us to the OT Nadia. It was she who said he needed a statement to help him at school and he needs an OT to help him sensory wise smile

chuckeyegg Fri 19-Aug-11 07:25:58

Same here community Paed referred us. What finally finished our appointment was someone else came and sat at the other end of the room. Also DS spotted a water depensing machine and that was it. Me running down the room to get away from the other people and getting him away from the water machine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now