Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Feeling sad come and tell me to pull myself together

(12 Posts)
chuckeyegg Tue 16-Aug-11 13:04:14

Just been on facebook and lots of children seem to be meeting up and are really excited about it. Sad because
1) DS hasn't been invited
2) He wouldn't want to go
3) I never get to see anyone even if we go I have to follow him around making sure his not hitting anyone.

Just having a quick wallow anyone else feel the same.

smugtandemfeeder Tue 16-Aug-11 13:09:06

Its so hard isnt it. Sorry he wasnt invited, awful people. Do something extra specially nice with him that you know he will love. DS isnt old enough to care yet but we dont get invited to other peoples houses and people dont come to ours very often. Its lonely.

coff33pot Tue 16-Aug-11 13:12:02

Yes I know how you feel x

My kids are the only ones on the beach by night because DS cant stand too many people. Its lonely.........

Take him out yourself on that day a nice big treat. So if they go back to school talking about where they have been your DS also can say he went somewhere great smile

chuckeyegg Tue 16-Aug-11 14:18:28

Thanks for you replies, I too have been on the beach as the sun goes down. DS hates crowds on the beach. DS doesn't really talk to the children yet so he doesn't really know or care he's being left out.

I will take him somewhere nice. smile

Becaroooo Tue 16-Aug-11 15:09:05

You can all come over to mine if you want! smile

Seriously, I get it.

Up til this year we have always gone on hols in term time as its just so hard/stressful when its busier. Dont think its an option now ds1 is getting older though sad

wibbleweed Tue 16-Aug-11 17:30:24

Hi - I'm new on here (but have been lurking for a while) but know exactly how you feel. My ds2 is 4.5 (with an informal diagnosis of AS/HFA) and I've just had a whole year of pre-school witnessing all the other parents frantically arranging play-dates for their dcs whilst brushing past me and ds. Mind you, ds isn't bothered at all - it's me who feels lonely (and a little sad).

I'm not sure how old your ds is, but I too have a 'hitter' and have to shadow him wherever we go. The good news is that we've now had 3 weeks of him having not hit or bitten anyone (except trying to hit dogs - but that's another story!). I'm so proud - we've even managed a couple of successful trips to busy playgrounds (and me getting glared at/shouted at...)

Hope you have a nice day doing something special smile

wibbleweed Tue 16-Aug-11 17:32:01

Sorry - at the end of my message I meant 'without' me getting glared at/shouted at...

xx

WilsonFrickett Tue 16-Aug-11 17:46:11

ach, don't pull yourself together, have a big fat wallow in it. Maybe even have some wine and get maudlin. Play some sad music and have a good greet. It is sad and you are allowed to feel sad.

Tomorrow - get your dancing pants on and go and do something nice with your wonderful DS grin

chuckeyegg Wed 17-Aug-11 07:54:47

Thanks for all your replies. I feel more positive today DS is 4.10. I'm glad your DS has stopped hitting wibbleweed it gives me hope. Thanks for the invite Becarooo I think your a bit far from me, really kind. smile

I had some wine abd watched DIY SOS, I know how to live! It's good to know people understand. We will go swimming today as he loves that.

Becaroooo Thu 18-Aug-11 16:49:33

chuckey You wouldnt want to come here atm anyway!!! Potty training ds1 and.....lets just say its not going well grin

Ds1 also having one of his more...vocal days hmm

Glad you are feeling better x

WilsonFrickett Thu 18-Aug-11 17:19:46

grin at DIY SOS! Rock and roll!!

Glad you are feeling more positive today.

saintlyjimjams Thu 18-Aug-11 22:28:15

Another evening beach walker (at this time of year - we love the winter) - but I like evening beaches, they're beautiful....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now