Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

what do you think about this

(4 Posts)
XxAlisonxX Tue 16-Aug-11 12:35:55

my head is battered and im unsure where to go or who to try next, im convinced that my ds has either or all of odd, hf asd, asbergers. the chams, edu psy, senco, wont listen to me or agree with me, but yisp, yps and a woman from the parenting support service all agree with me that he does fill all the critera for the above. im waiting on an appt to see the pead should i ask the ones that agree with me to do me a written report or should i get a caf in place to get everyone together and discuss it.

coff33pot Tue 16-Aug-11 13:15:47

I am in a dilema myself today so not switched on enough to give loads of advice as lot on my mind and its crowded smile

But I would get written reports from all those that have seen and assessed your DS for definate. You can use these to support a statement application if necessary. I dont know what a caf is I am afraid as still a bit green.

XxAlisonxX Tue 16-Aug-11 13:58:22

thanks coff33pot. xxx a caf is a report thingy where all agencys involved get together in a meeting every so many months and discuss what everyone is doing iv found them very helpfull at times to get voices heard and opinions across

coff33pot Tue 16-Aug-11 14:05:07

AH! thanks for that I will write that down in my little book of knowledge grin

I would do both then. Individual reports from those that support you and then a caf meeting with the opposition smile with a final report of that meeting too x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: