Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help - Am I going to get a visit from a government department?

(6 Posts)
BlondieMum01 Fri 12-Aug-11 22:37:17

To cut a longer, more distressing story short, my elder son is six, autistic, and ran away from me in a heavily wooded park/play area today. He has never done so before. After calling ad searching with my two year old in tow, I called the police, and they found him on the other side of the park/area.

They took down all my details, which I understand is standard.

I am new to the UK - my question is: should I expect some kind of follow up from them or another government department? Should I be worried? I read horror stories in the press here about children being removed from homes over neglect and lack of care. Am I in any kind of danger?

brandy77 Fri 12-Aug-11 23:38:41

dont worry blondie, you did the right thing calling the police, you will be viewed as a caring loving mum, you really dont need to worry smile

amistillsexy Fri 12-Aug-11 23:46:35

This happened to a mum at one of our ASD meet-ups. All the children were playing in a soft play area and one little geril just went missing. Soft play is on the edge of a large park, and she was no-where in the building so we called the police.

They found her on the swings grin. They were just really relieved to find her and glad we'd called them so swiftly.

amistillsexy Fri 12-Aug-11 23:47:46

Obv it was a girl that went missing.

The police don't turn up for stray gerils grin blush

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 12-Aug-11 23:52:12

I'm sure you'll be fine. I wouldn't worry. I've not heard of anyone having problems from a one off thing like that.

coff33pot Sat 13-Aug-11 00:52:04

I wouldnt worry. You did the right thing by contacting them to save your ds from possible harm. Police here take everything down to your shoe size grin

The advantage of that is that should he run away again or wander off in a shopping centre for example, they will have contact details and a description on record to bring him back to you if he is spotted smile

I dont think you will be paid a visit by anybody. You were just acting as a concerned mum should act.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now