Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A.d.h.d

(9 Posts)
finleysmommy Fri 12-Aug-11 22:21:05

What are the signs of ADHD? The health visitor scored the test high so were waiting for consultation to come through. What things should I look out for? Thanks

finleysmommy Fri 12-Aug-11 22:22:16

Sorry age is nearly two

dolfrog Sat 13-Aug-11 02:45:57

You may find this research paper of some interest.
The history of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
which is included in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - library 60 articles

Dol you're a real night owl grinight owl grin

dolfrog Sat 13-Aug-11 03:32:41

Ben - yep all part of my APD lol, been like for as long as i can remember twit-to-woo

Chundle Sat 13-Aug-11 07:37:00

2 is fairly young for an ADHD diagnosis. They woulnt assess my dd1 for add until she was 6. Are you sure that's what they are looking for or could it maybe be something else?

finleysmommy Sat 13-Aug-11 11:21:41

Thanks everyone, I'm asking of behalf of a friend tbh. The Health visitor gave her a number of questions and she answered above seventy which normally should be fifty? He is two in sept

Triggles Sat 13-Aug-11 17:57:06

Paed won't give DS2 an official diagnosis until he's 7 or 8. He's just turned 5 now. Paed is happy to assess him somewhat now, but will most likely be repeating some of the assessments for a clearer view when he's older.

dolfrog Mon 15-Aug-11 02:17:23

Triggles and finleysmommy

Research has been identifying the that 40% of those who have ASD also have ADHD, as issue. ASD is diagnosed between 2 and 3 years of age. But if ASD is not considered to be the true diagnosis then ADHD could be an alternative diagnosis, which as you say is not diagnosed until the age of maturation 7 years old.
There was a research paper published this month discussing some of the candidate genes common to ASD and ADHD - Rare Copy Number Variation Discovery and Cross-Disorder Comparisons Identify Risk Genes for ADHD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now