Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

its friday night again.... hows everyone?

(74 Posts)
signandsmile Fri 12-Aug-11 18:11:56

Hi all... not a bad week at chez sign, have recovered from my 'why didn't they interview me' grumps grin. dh has sorted out three boxes of his crap precious possesions! and I am nearly finished my last marking for the year.
ds is (nakedly) grin happily playing lego and I had a huge cooked brekkie this morning at the new local restaurant. (doesn't take much to make me happy) grin

How was it for you?

Ineedalife Fri 12-Aug-11 18:16:38

Wow its never friday already is it!!

We had a disappointing start to the week because I was taking the Dd's plus a friend camping but it all fell apart and we didn't make it.

Never mind did some nice stuff with Dd3 instead and Dd2 has busied herself really well.

Off to cornwall on Wednesday so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is surviving the holssmile.

auntevil Fri 12-Aug-11 18:24:59

Naked lego - that's a thread in itself Sign! But I'm with you on the cooked brekkie out - it would make me happy too!
Ineedalife sad at camping, but smile at Cornwall - nice to have things to look forward too.
I'm a bit in a daze as I saw my adoption records for the first time today. Lots of info I knew - lots of fascinating bits that I didn't. Just need to decide what I want to do with all the info.

Chundle Fri 12-Aug-11 18:26:27

Hi all we were away in Cornwall last week which was fab although dd1 was extremely hyper and drive me insane. Dd2 had paed this week who thinks dyspraxia and autistic traits (done another thread about this) which is what I thought although pysch thinks differently an I'm sure just thinks I'm a bad mother sad
OH back to work next week so I will be on my own with the dds and no idea what to do (I don't drive)

signandsmile Fri 12-Aug-11 18:27:59

hi need a life, cornwall sounds brill. evil its a lot to process isn't it... dh is an adoptee, he is still mulling over whether to try and contact his birth mum.

signandsmile Fri 12-Aug-11 18:34:45

cross post, hi chundle sounds like a rough time caught between their differing opinions, sad

Triggles Fri 12-Aug-11 18:54:48

Have had a lousy week as DH is weaning off one AD and going onto another. Old one not fully in system anymore and new one not taken effect yet. It is not a happy household right now.

Lovely MIL came over for moral support today. I love her, she is brilliant! grin

signandsmile Fri 12-Aug-11 19:02:07

yah for MIL, triggles. hang in there

lisad123 Fri 12-Aug-11 19:05:52

Having worse week so far sad
Dd2 meltdowns are getting worse and her SN school is now off for three weeks. sad
I have terrible stomach ache so have left dh yo put girls to bed and got into mine.
Oh and it's our ten year anniversary and we can't go out due to lack of babysitters sad

Triggles Fri 12-Aug-11 19:15:30

signandsmile ty - DH turns EVERYTHING into a power struggle with DS2 lately, and it's doing my head in. I think we all know how well that works with children with ASD/ADHD. hmm And when I point out that what he is doing is only making it worse, he goes off like a stroppy teenager. It's all I can do not to throw him out a window some days.... DH I mean, not DS2. grin

coff33pot Fri 12-Aug-11 19:33:02

Evening all smile still laughing at the naked lego grin And you cant beat a cooked breakie yum! especially as someone else is cooking it! DS was naked Harry Potter when I asked where his pants had gone (as I do about 50 times a day) he just said the snake ate them grin

Wet and miserable weather here today so been shut in. We are having a everything falling apart week structure wise. Few days ago now the whole wooden curtain pole came crashing down on top of DS when he pulled them open and last night he was jumping up and down on his bed and the whole slatted base gave way completely! We had to pretend camping as it was dark due to removing light bulb....DS thinks I am still trying to order one so he is brave enough to just have lamp. I put a tent on top of the mattress and he slept in that bless him. Anyhow hes camping again tonite as DH has not been able to leave shop today to fix it. Hate to tell him it doesnt look fixable......

Ineedalife Shame about the camping but I am sure you will have a great time in Cornwall. I live there and its great for the DCs to run around on the beaches and use up all that energy smile

signandsmile Fri 12-Aug-11 19:34:17

you get caught in the middle! sad,

sorry to hear u in pain lisa and not getting to go out sad sad

coff33pot Fri 12-Aug-11 19:37:10

aww lisad just read your post sad

Cant you get a babysitter when you are feeling better? Even a daytime meal out is a nice break smile

Hope you feel better soon x

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:44:37

Hi

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:46:52

Lisa, I would offer but we are away. Let me know if you can postpone it for a month and I'll babysit.

Triggles Fri 12-Aug-11 19:47:51

I can't decide if those of you taking your children on holidays are incredibly brave or insane!! grin

The thought of trying to contain and monitor and cope with DS2 (plus DS3 plus DH) all at once on holiday, in a hotel room or caravan that doesn't have our safety gates and extra locks and contained garden scares me silly. hmm I don't think I could do it..

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:48:45

Lisa, I know you've had a hell of a year and why your anniversary is important so I do mean it.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:52:53

Mad probably. Dh had popped out to get food and dd needed the toilet urgently. We trekked across the campsite to the toilet, dd sat Dow fir a LONG poo and then ds did a runner.

Triggles Fri 12-Aug-11 19:54:41

Could've been worse, I suppose. He could've done a runner when YOU sat down. grin Been there, done that. Was not fun.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:57:34

He was too quick though and dd too little. I had to let him go and hope he was in the tent and not the road when we had finished. I was right to trust my instincts and found him at the tent but it was very stressful.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:58:46

Incidentally this campsite is mad. The tent next door right now are singing pinball wizard, unaccompanied and with harmonies.

Triggles Fri 12-Aug-11 19:59:39

grin sounds like fun

lisad123 Fri 12-Aug-11 20:01:08

Thank you starlight, we are taking a day when girls are back to school smile just a shame not to do something on the day. sad
We love camping and am goin away on 26th and can't wait grin

lisad123 Fri 12-Aug-11 20:01:37

Where you staying slm?

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Fri 12-Aug-11 20:04:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now