Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Genetic testing question??

(6 Posts)
lisad123 Fri 12-Aug-11 16:15:33

Both my girls has a dx of Autism and so been refferred to genetics team. I had paperwork in today, and they want to know mine and dh history. They want to know ethinic orgins, and dont quite know what to put. DH doesnt know his dad at all and his mum has refused to tell us anything (long story), but he looks italian or spanish (pic on profile), and his nan has confirmed she thinks his dad isnt white british and from what his mum has told us he returned to his own country before DH was born. So what do i put on paperwork?

Verahaspurpletwuntypants Fri 12-Aug-11 16:27:25

Unknown?

Verahaspurpletwuntypants Fri 12-Aug-11 16:29:22

Sorry that was a bit brief. But is there an option where you could put unknown? Or just don't fill that section in?

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 12-Aug-11 17:54:00

I'd go with Vera's suggestion or attach a note with a brief explanation of what you said here. I was limited on info I could give to dd3's geneticist, mainly because I couldn't get back further than my some of my grandparents and even that I was dodgy on, they were fine and very understanding.

glimmer Fri 12-Aug-11 21:48:36

I think the things they are more looking for is black, Causcasian, and with or without Jewish heritage, since certain some disorder happen disproportianetely more in some backgrounds. I would put "probably Caucasian" on there.

lisad123 Fri 12-Aug-11 22:05:10

theres a list of tick boxes, one of which is meditrainan so have ticked that and put question mark next to it and expained

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now