Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dry nights

(11 Posts)
Vinniesbisqwits Fri 12-Aug-11 10:57:40

Well its the first night totally DRY yayyyyy so proud of DS3 we put tena adult pads under the sheets 3 of them as ds wee's a lot when he does ,and a towel , ive brought lots of new bedding at the ready and he made it through first time ever without a pullup so when we woke i got him up quick for a wee as what im sure has happened before is he manages all night (sometimes) and then is too tired to get up in the morning and just has a wee.

I do hope its not a fluke and it continues but ds himself now wants to not wear night time pull ups hes in the largest size and there tight hes now saying hes uncomfortable so if he wants to do it and finding them uncomfortable nows deffinately the time,

Marne Fri 12-Aug-11 11:12:13

Well done to both of you, i'm not brave enough to try it with dd2 yet even though some mornings she is dry, i must pluck up the courage to give it a go.

coff33pot Fri 12-Aug-11 12:22:53

Yay! well done both! grin

I am nowhere near there yet as ds still soils as well as wets in the night. The pead thinks that it maybe due to him holding himself all day at school as he struggles to clean himself etc and so even though he goes before bed properly he has such a build up during the day. Not sure on this one tbh but I guess its the waiting game......

Hey and no laundry for you today either grin

unpa1dcar3r Fri 12-Aug-11 13:45:45

Well done Vinnie, you may get a few accidents but sounds like he's on the way.

Incontenence is a big issue with my youngest, he's nearly 13 now and still soils the bed most nights. Sometimes he poo's too and not just in bed at night.
Sometimes I despair and then he'll have a few dry nights and I feel so much lighter! Crazy Huh!
The silliest things make me happy!

starfishmummy Fri 12-Aug-11 13:48:11

Well done Vinnies DS3.

Unpa1dcar3r - us too 13 years of nappies and still counting....sad

Vinniesbisqwits Fri 12-Aug-11 14:06:07

I understand as DS is nearly 12 so this has been a long haul and im sure he will have occasional accidents hence buying loads and loads extra bedding but im determined to not revert back this time grrrr

unpa1dcar3r Fri 12-Aug-11 15:03:47

Do you get the plastic mattress covers Vinnie? We have a load from our community nurse and we're trying to make them last as there are no more available now, they've stopped supplying them here. Mad eh!
But you wash them a few times and they get little pin prick holes in them!
Don't know how many mattresses we've gone through over the years!

coff33pot Fri 12-Aug-11 19:46:54

I went on an online continence site. If I remember the name i will put the link up for you. They had big padded sheets with plastic blue backing that covered the width of a single bed with a bit to tuck down at the sides. They were about £20 for 60 of them which would be cheaper than pads and the smaller mattress protector sheets that pampers do.

Vinniesbisqwits Sat 13-Aug-11 12:43:44

no i was only told about the continance servie on MN a few months ago no one had ever mentioned them to me we dont have a social worker or HV as our dc is nearly 12 and was only DX last year i even had paed nurse comming to us for 2 years about his soiling and bed wetting up till he was 10yo and they never mentioned them to me , bad isnt it,
when he was little we used plastic mattress covers but he sweats a lot so we stopped using them and use the tena adult mattress covers and a towel so ive never had any help with nappies or pull ups sad i asked dh should we apply and he said whats the point now been paying for them this long used to it,
decided as he goes through a few days in row of being dry at night to really go for it this timeas he himself has decided now he doesnt wantto wear them anymore he wants to be grown up, so hopefully it really will work this time

last night was another dry night yayyyy

coff33pot Sat 13-Aug-11 14:08:04

Plastic mattress covers drove DS bats! according to him they made a noise and he spent all night smoothing the creases by ripping the sheet off his bed and then sleeping on the floor. Also he sweated terribly.

Good on DS. Another day the washing machine gets a rest! grin

Vinniesbisqwits Sat 13-Aug-11 14:17:29

I know its saving me money on washing and pull ups i have not for the first time in years put the washing machine on today , woo hoo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now