Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

CAMHS appointment relief

(8 Posts)
hannahsmummsy Wed 10-Aug-11 17:33:58

at last dd has a camhs key work , who seems not only lovely and caring but experience at last shes getting support , PHEW what a relief !!!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 10-Aug-11 17:39:00

Brilliant, hannahsmummsy. Nice to have some good news. smile

hannahsmummsy Wed 10-Aug-11 17:51:50

yep life is better , as dd is 15 they will see her on her own as a young adult , so she has here own support , her own voice seperate of her mum , so she can learn some independance and hopefully stand up for herself a bit more . im going to allow her to travel on bus to appts as i sometimes get acussed of being over bearing ( I admit I am ,we want to protect our SN kids against the bullys in this world , who pick on them for being diffrent). I feel its probally not worth the stress of sendist tribunal , now they can talk to school (shes going to be in yr 11 , theres no 6th form) so by the time case is heard etc , assesment done it will be too late , im not withdrawing yet ,

Vinniesbisqwits Wed 10-Aug-11 18:10:49

can she not go on to 6th form if not in the school she is 9is this because there is no assistance for sn in 6th form) or unit? or can she not get extra support via connexions in college? , im being nosey hope thats ok as its a situation we all will have to face in future and ive heard this transitions terrible from dc with sen to adult with sn

hannahsmummsy Wed 10-Aug-11 18:22:31

she has thursday placement at FE collage , which she loves , collage are gr8 with sen and have childcare course she wants , with the grades she is estimated , it wont be easy , but studying never is , for any kid.

Vinniesbisqwits Wed 10-Aug-11 18:43:35

oh thats great, good luck to her , what happens next with support when not in college IYKWIM though?

hannahsmummsy Wed 10-Aug-11 20:10:54

sorry ds school has no 6th form . fe collage has diffrent funding so statments dont apply ( i think but dont quote me on that), i have read the presectus and collage is very supportive of asd etc and other parents have told me dcs get more suport than school could offer . i think if your dcs school has a sixth form the statement may still apply but im not sure , i belive tranision is good if well planed , i have seen a girl at dds school with sen teribly bullied at school , but her fb updates show she is flourishing at fe collage , for us tranition is something were looking forward too , cant wait till she leaves , primary grate ,secondary shit

hannahsmummsy Thu 11-Aug-11 11:30:31

still soooooooooooooooooo relived for once

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now