Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dla help please

(15 Posts)
linbam Wed 10-Aug-11 14:15:14

I have just had a payment from dla put in my bank but I have had no reward letter as to how much I will be getting I rang dla and they said they couldn't tell me my claim was made on the 18th June can anyone tell me if the amount is from this week and backdated to 18th June or I have been paid infront too the amount I got today was £838 thanks it's all a bit confusing as it's out first claim

rosie39forever Wed 10-Aug-11 14:22:47

payment will be backdated to the 18th of June, you should get your award letter soon which will tell you your monthly payments.

keepingupwiththejoneses Wed 10-Aug-11 14:24:19

DLA is paid in 4 weekly amounts, 3weeks behind, 1 week ahead. I would say that this is backpay of what level I'm not sure. The letter should be there soon, the problem is they send the money and the letter at the same time and the post is slower than the backing system.

pramsgalore Wed 10-Aug-11 14:24:56

it will most prob be what they owe you [back dated]. they told me over the phone prob depends who you get. if i remember right i got backdated in one payment then normal payment was a seperate one

they can definitely tell you. I called before the payment was received and they were able to tell me the award.

Well done! grin

pramsgalore Wed 10-Aug-11 14:27:24

yes i phoned to check they had received extra info and they told me i had been awarded and what and how much she was very helpful

linbam Wed 10-Aug-11 16:01:19

Thanks guys it's all an awful process but I suppose I am very thankful it's been awarded my son is 11 and is dx asd when I rang the lady would not tell me over the phone so I will try again fingers crossed they can explain the money x

linbam Wed 10-Aug-11 17:55:15

I rang them and they won't tell
Me anything sad

cwtch4967 Wed 10-Aug-11 17:58:26

I rang them when I noticed the payment into the bank and they gave me all the info I needed - no problem!

hannahsmummsy Wed 10-Aug-11 18:09:30

they told me , and the desion maker rang me personaly to check some questions.she said that she was defo making a desion in dds favour and to ring back help line and check that eve, and they told me mrc for 2yrs

linbam Wed 10-Aug-11 19:06:44

Oh dear well they r shut now arnt they, I will ring in morning again x thanks everyone I was just wondering the rate he will have been awarded as I was not expecting that much x

Tiggles Wed 10-Aug-11 19:19:27

I received an award letter recently, my first payment will be backdated to when I first asked for the application pack back in June (so larger than usual), then it will be paid monthly.
Looking at your amount which must be for 7-8 weeks you will be getting about £100 a week joint for mobility and care?

linbam Wed 10-Aug-11 21:15:54

Thanks littlegreenmiss wonder wether that's middle or high rate then x

linbam Thu 11-Aug-11 23:35:33

Just thought I would let u know we got awarded hrc lrm so I am pleased thanks guys for the help xx

Well done linbam! Enjoy the backpay smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now