Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

It's my birthday. DS managed to

(17 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Tue 09-Aug-11 18:00:19

dance two Ceilidh dances ON HIS OWN at a lunch time dance. He started with me but we discovered too late in the dance that you have to swap partners. He managed not to go ridgid, cry, meltdown, disappear half way through. I was mad to even attempt it and he took a lot of convincing but was grinning from ear to ear at the end.

The band, incidentally, were called The Skinner Rats.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 09-Aug-11 18:05:43

Happy Birthday! What a lovely day you're having. smile

Lougle Tue 09-Aug-11 18:10:20

Happy Birthday, Star smile what a gift from your DS smile

IndigoBell Tue 09-Aug-11 18:33:14

Happy birthday star.

Your wee boy is coming along in leaps and bounds.

unpa1dcar3r Tue 09-Aug-11 18:35:34

Aw that's wonderful Star. And happy birthday too! smile

signandsmile Tue 09-Aug-11 19:10:36

how lovely! well done little star and happy birthday star!

Debs75 Tue 09-Aug-11 19:16:40

That's lovely Star
Happy Birthday

coff33pot Tue 09-Aug-11 19:32:53

Well done to the dancing Star! grin
and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

dietcokegirl Tue 09-Aug-11 19:57:37

Ah lovely! smile
Happy Birthday!

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Tue 09-Aug-11 20:18:21

happy birthdat star, happy holidays indeed smile

bialystockandbloom Tue 09-Aug-11 20:21:18

Oh how lovely smile Well done master Star.

Happy birthday!

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 09-Aug-11 21:05:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 09-Aug-11 22:00:35

Thanks. I've had a brilliant day. So proud of ds. No idea if it is repeatable, but as always if he can do something once he can do it and I can raise my exPectations.

But I do have an interesting problem right now. We literally have a live10 piece Bluegrass band (including Double Bass) in the tent next to us and ds is jumping and stemming all over the tent.

auntevil Wed 10-Aug-11 08:22:42

Missed this yesterday - hope you had a brilliant day star - and that you all did get some sleep - eventually. I do love Double Bass though - very mellow sound.

blueShark Wed 10-Aug-11 10:33:25

happy Belated Birthday! so pleased on how your son coped and proud of his fantastic progress....

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 10-Aug-11 10:43:34

I would NEVEr have subjected him to that of my own doing, and I tend to try hard to get him to experience new things. I though him and me could just dance together any ole how and not bother anyone. I had to bribe him with a lollipop to even get him to come with me.

DH said the horror on my face when the lady next to me grabbed him for her partner next was funny. DH was, of course, there ready to step in. I'm not pretending it was completely unsupported, and all his alternative partners were adults so they could help but despite that ds managed it, and I'm over the moon.

tryingtokeepintune Thu 11-Aug-11 10:47:45

Really fantastic to hear that.

Also happy belated birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now