Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help!

(22 Posts)
smugtandemfeeder Mon 08-Aug-11 11:30:38

DD is covered in yoghurt. DS is screaming. I have tried floortime playing but it didnt stop DS from screaming. I cant be bothered to play with either of them. Ive sworn at both of them. DS has slammed doors and hit me repeatedly. Ive had my mum on the phone refusing to go into mental hospital. Ive had a letter from accountancy body chucking me out for not paying fees. F*ck!

DS is screaming "DD has got my yoghut"

Can someone please snap me out of this? HEEEELP!

smugtandemfeeder Mon 08-Aug-11 11:38:11

I havent even got a fecking double buggy to take them out in as DS has broken it. And DH has got the only legal to drive car as we cant afford the MOT on the second car. HELP!!!!

zzzzz Mon 08-Aug-11 11:38:51

CBBC, Wii whatever.....go have a face wash and little weep in a locked bathroom.

Open all the windows in the house that won't kill someone, and eat something very very sweet.

Accountancy peeps will either be mollified or they won't being freaked out by it won't help.

Put he telly on, take your shoes off, rub feet, kiss children, do all again till better.

Cheer up smug, some days are just a mess, you will get through it.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 08-Aug-11 11:44:43

Sorry smug. Definitely second the telly. Or computer game if that's what rocks their boat. Later on is there a safe park you can get to? A bit of racing around in the fresh air might work. Nice cup of tea and chocolate. Is there a tolerant friend you can bother? Just to get a change of scenery for an hour.

ArthurPewty Mon 08-Aug-11 11:48:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smugtandemfeeder Mon 08-Aug-11 11:49:17

Going to try and take them out with the single pram. Not sure which one to put in the pram!!?? Baby or DS! DS I think. DD wont stop crying at the moment. DS has calmed down now after crying about the yoghurt for half an hour. (DD pinched his yoghurt)

We've all had a meltdown.

We dont have a TV shock

He can watch cbeebies on iplayer but that means I have to get my arse off mumsnet grin

OK he is still crying about yoghurt

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 08-Aug-11 11:50:44

Do you want to hear my joke? It's more of a visual thing!

1st person: What does Gestapo stand for?

2nd person: I don't know?

1st person: <Slaps 2nd person hard across the face> <German accent shouting> LIES!!!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 08-Aug-11 11:52:23

Smug, tonight, abandon all principles and buy a telly. Be kind to yourself.

smugtandemfeeder Mon 08-Aug-11 11:57:07

grin I have no idea what the joke is but it made me laugh regardless so thank you. We got rid of the tv because DS and I watched it constantly and were fairly addicted between us. Its in the loft somewhere. Now we just watch occasional things on iplayer. Utter madness isnt it!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 08-Aug-11 12:02:03

Sorry, smug, you probably haven't watched as many war films with Gestapo interrogations in as me! grin It's a horribly politically incorrect joke, sorry.

auntevil Mon 08-Aug-11 12:21:06

Smug, did you get anywhere with getting your mum sectioned? Can SS help in convincing her to go voluntarily in the hospital? You're caught between a rock and a hard place with that situation. Phone SS when the kids are screaming and say you are 1 person, able to deal with 1 situation at a time. You need more support with your mum. Been there and know how trying to focus on DCs and parents at the same time leaves you in shreds.
Do you want/need to keep your accountancy body status? If you do, write a letter /e-mail explaining circumstances currently, and if you can a do-able payment proposal. you never know - sometimes they work.
Agree with all the above. Whatever 'pacifier' needs to be given to the DCs to calm the smug household down. Then look after smug. A calm happier smug is in everyones best interest.

zzzzz Mon 08-Aug-11 12:40:39

If you have paintbrushes and cement/terracotta plant pots, give them a couple of brushes and a bucket and let them paint the stuff with water.....it dries int he sun so it is a never ending job wink. I find having hands in water calms mine down, so if they won't paint just chuck random things in, fruit, ice cubes, plastic kitchen stuff, dinosaurs.

I wouldn't go to the park you will probably get totally over tired. We don't watch telly for a 40 days in lent every year [we are not that religious it's just kind of become a thing] so I am not a shock by the no TV as most.

If you have old rubber gloves fill them with water and freeze them, for your next crazy day....you would be surprised how quickly a melt down stops if you just hand someone a frozen ice hand without comment grin.

Sending you silly vibes.....and the joke made me laugh too.....you nutters.

auntevil Mon 08-Aug-11 12:47:01

Yes EllenJane - going to do that on DH tonight - very funny

ellen I love that joke even if it is terribly politically incorrect this descendent of czech and german jews thinks it is amusing grin

Smug can you get the TV down? I would give yourself a break and just veg in front of it.

smugtandemfeeder Mon 08-Aug-11 13:17:25

Has it really only been an hour?

We went to the park and it was hard work as usual. DS just stands there and watches. He only does anything if I go on with him. Tiring with a one year old strapped to you!

We then came up with a better idea. DSs first ever approved Greggs sausage roll. A mumsnet special. I had a can of coke which cheered me up no end.

Back home now, feel shattered but all is calm.

DM not sectioned. On Friday they told me she could voluntarily go into hospital at any point to start new meds. Today shrink told her she isnt a candidate for admission. She now isnt willing to go in. So yes im stuck. I know she wont take her meds at home alone. Feckers.

While I was out at Greggs I saw a family walk past me. The son was wearing a tshirt which said "if you think you are stressed. Try having autism" Well that was me suitibly put in my place. Then I thought, no, hang on a minute, my son DOES have autism. WTF am I feeling embarrassed for. They then went into KFC so I think Greggs is small fry compared to KFC grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 08-Aug-11 13:34:19

Sshh, I've just bought some pasties and sausage rolls to take on a picnic later in the week. So much easier than bloody sandwiches. I'm sure I get judged, but apart from me and DS3 the others could do with some fattening up. grin

I'm never sure about those T shirts. I quite like the fact that if DS2 is behaving no-one really notices him. If he's not behaving then it's pretty obvious he's not NT. DS2's idea of heaven is a meal at KFC. sad

DH was just on the phone. Apparently I got that joke wrong. It's :

1st person: Have you heard the one about the Gestapo?

2nd person: No!

Then the slap and LIES...

Does that make more sense? No? I think I need a better joke. grin

zzzzz Mon 08-Aug-11 13:36:35

I WANT THAT T-SHIRT!!!!

smugtandemfeeder Mon 08-Aug-11 13:39:56

this was it I want one for the parents!

ArthurPewty Mon 08-Aug-11 17:44:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smugtandemfeeder Mon 08-Aug-11 17:53:05

Almost bed time for them both so feeling much better. Managed to get to the doctors and back as well with just a single pram. Got the bus back two stops as it was traumatic. But i have that lovely "bed time is approaching" rosy glow now. Thank God.

cankles Mon 08-Aug-11 17:54:31

thank goodness for McD's, coke, chocolate etc etc, I hope you are having a better day, and I love that t-shirt too! x

AlysWho Mon 08-Aug-11 18:07:45

Gosh, has it been one of those days..? Just back from a beach day out, trying to play at 'normal families'. Often I dont bother, but DD seems to have got into the swing of the holidays now.
I have ended up leaving early with DD, luckily my friend is bringing ds home later. I've had my hair pulled, been strangled and kicked, in between the cuddles, tickles and 'I love you mummy you're the best mummy in the whole world'...
If I wasnt so hardened to it Id be going INsane, but as it is we're so used to it, its hard to tell if I'm not reacting anymore or just letting it seem like I'm not reacting IFYSWIM.. even I cant tell the diff any more.. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now