Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

AAagh, DLA question, report not in, dr on holiday - what to do???

(10 Posts)
hazeyjane Mon 08-Aug-11 09:44:09

My gp was supposed to be writing a report for my dla form for ds (the bit of the form which it says is optional). I spoke to her last week and she said she was doing it, but when I phoned today it wasn't at the surgery, and she has gone on holiday for 2 weeks. The form has to be in on Thurs (I was going to send it next day delivery, tomorrow)!!!!

Is is it best to say that the report will be following on, or would I be better off trying to find someone else to write one? I've phoned ds's keyworker, and left a message, but I have a horrible feeling that she is away too.

Bollocky, bollocks, I'll be so glad when this form is in.

pinkorkid Mon 08-Aug-11 09:54:14

I would send in the form anyway with a note to say that the doctor's report will follow later. That way your claim can still be backdated 3 months to when you first requested the form. It won't have an impact on your claim if there is a delay getting the report.

davidsotherhalf Mon 08-Aug-11 09:58:34

tbh i would send the form and say report to follow, i had a college form a few months ago for dd only wanted to know about injections n stuff i could of filled in, but had to be done by gp it took him 7 weeks as he went on holliday for a week, also cost me £30, if you can get someone else to fill that part in i would, as you can still send gp part in as well when you get it, also dla will write to gp to get a report and that way it won't cost you anything.

hazeyjane Mon 08-Aug-11 10:05:03

thankyou, probably best to say it going to follow then.

Our gp isn't going to charge, I asked her because she is such a good dr and has seen ds practically every fortnight since he was born. Of all the hcps involved she seems to know ds and our family best. Unfortunately she is also very popular, busy and a bit scatty!

TotalChaos Mon 08-Aug-11 10:12:55

agree with the others, send the form in, with report to follow.

starfishmummy Mon 08-Aug-11 10:38:43

Send it anyway - its optional so while it does help if a professional writes it for you (may mean they dont send for reports) its not essential.

hannahsmummsy Mon 08-Aug-11 12:59:26

nobody wrote on my dds form , they did request info from profesionals directly , still got decision in 4 weeks and the office was close / post late cos of snow. so dont worry my dd was granted MRC and nobody wrote in box cos i subbmitted online . xxx

mariamagdalena Mon 08-Aug-11 14:48:47

yep, send it anyway with a note saying GP away but if report becomes available, it will follow.

Could you ask reception for a printout of the patient summary, or any recent letters or referrals?

hazeyjane Mon 08-Aug-11 19:25:18

Thanks again. Ds's keyworker definitely away, so i'm just going to say report is to follow. I'd already checked with the receptionist. She may have sent it in the post. Anyway, after reading your posts, I'm not going to panic.

hannahsmummsy Wed 10-Aug-11 18:12:55

dont worry they had my gp fill in a standard gp form anyway , sent in med reports and a support comment on the form wasnt needed xxx i did put dd sn class teacher as a contact but im not sure if they did contact her xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now