Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Yay! A moment's celebration... Please join in!

(19 Posts)
Galena Sun 07-Aug-11 20:34:50

DD (2.3, CP diplegia) today picked up her potty, carried it over to me (falling over a few times but picking herself up and carrying on), said 'Weewee potty' and, when I took off her nappy and sat her on the potty, sure enough, she weed. smile

First time she's asked to go on the potty. She has done a wee a few times when I've put her on the potty before her bath, but never asked during the day before.

What small celebrations have you had today?

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sun 07-Aug-11 20:36:43

fantastic smile

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 07-Aug-11 20:43:06

That's lovely, Galena. smile

My small success was getting DS2 to the maize maze without a strop.

Galena Sun 07-Aug-11 20:50:32

Yay, well done EllenJane and DS2 - did he also manage to get through it? grin

PipinJo Sun 07-Aug-11 20:50:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheCrunchyside Sun 07-Aug-11 20:51:57

well done your dd Galena.

EJINMN - where was the maize maze? - sounds fun.

ds age 5.5 (gdd and autistic traits) came over and told me that a boy had pushed him in the sandpit. This is amazing on so many levels. first he that he realised the boy was deliberately being mean to him, second that he didn't just lash out and third that he thought to come and tell me.

PrincessPoppy Sun 07-Aug-11 20:52:17

Fab ! Today DD walked 20 paces across an uneven field. She had full attention of whole family and was giggling her head off. She is 2.7 with CP, and walks with frame. Indoors she can do 10 or so across the rug but never so many steps outside. Obviously a good balance day.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 07-Aug-11 20:59:55

So much lovely news today!

The maize maze was at Hidcote Manor Farm near Chipping Camden but you get them all over the country, this time of year. They only last the season then get harvested. I found them brilliant for getting my indoors types to go for a walk, though I did lose DS2 in one when he was 6! shock We walked 2 1/2 miles according to DH's GPS. If you have little ones I'd advise getting a map, if they have one. There are usually clues to find, bit like a treasure hunt.

Galena Sun 07-Aug-11 21:02:52

Thanks PipinJo, what makes it even more fantastic is that she was so prem, that really she should be just 2, so even more impressive. Unfortunately, 'they' stop correcting her age now, so she's 2.3 grin

Well done MiniCrunchy - that's superb!

And MiniPrincess, wow, that's great! They won't give us a frame because DD is beginning to walk unaided and they feel she'll get into 'bad habits' with a frame, but it's so frustrating! She takes 5 or 6 steps then falls over... It seems to be worse this week - but I think she may be about to have a growth spurt, she's eating like a horse. Also she's dropped her daytime sleep so I guess she's getting a bit more tired too. Frustrating though because some days she can walk several metres, and then others she can barely string 3 steps together!

TheCrunchyside Sun 07-Aug-11 21:12:25

Thanks Ellen - will check that out. ds loves the idea of a treasure hunt tho doesn't quite have concentration to follow clues etc.

galena - it really is impressive - my nt dd is nearly 3 and still having loads of accidents - mainly cos she is so stubborn.

princesspoppy - i do thinks kids come on so well when we give them time in nature shame I'm such a couchpotato

Galena Mon 08-Aug-11 08:01:38

Crunchy, have you come across geocaching? Basically people hide plastic boxes in various places and then put their gps coordinates on a website such as this one and then other people armed with a gps device (smart phone would do the job) can try to find the box. Most have small objects you can swap inside. It's a great way of getting out and about! You'll be amazed how many there are around your home area!

Thanks Galena That might be a way to get my 6 year old walking without moaning grin

intothewest Mon 08-Aug-11 09:34:25

When I 'helped' with a school trip several years ago,I got lost in a maize maze with six 5 year olds.....oh how we laughed !!! mutters never again

What good news-Well done all

I'm just really happy with DS's all round progress-I was ill yesterday,but made so much easier by his excellent behaviour and not one meltdown ! smile

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 08-Aug-11 09:51:05

Hope you're feeling better, into.

We do geocaching too. Again great way to get the kids interested in a walk if there's 'treasure' (normally McD type toys) to find and exchange.

purplepidjin Mon 08-Aug-11 09:57:59

Wow, such incredible progress!! Well done, all the mini's and parents who got them there!

I survived Poland with 23 teenagers (six under my direct care) but they're all NT. Now I am coping nicely with nearly 4yo (NT) DNephew - but that has more to do with the fact that DP has taken him off to the jetwash to clean my car grin

I love good news threads like this smile

mariamagdalena Mon 08-Aug-11 14:38:17

purple, I was skimming and misread that, thought you'd said 'taken him off to the jetwash to get him clean' grin

purplepidjin Mon 08-Aug-11 14:59:52

heehee, although he has just "surprised" me in the bath - he is now playing with my embarrassingly large collection of rubber duckies (and I'm wearing some clothes!!) Being fair to myself, all but 2 of the ducks are on their way to the charity shop for a (non-driving) friend and had been abandoned in the spare room en route, which is where DN found them blush

signandsmile Mon 08-Aug-11 18:46:18

those are some great achievements, welldone everyones dcs! and Hi purple was thinking of you over the weekend, glad it went well!

Ds has just lurked hopefully for a chip, (rather than just grabbing) when offered one he said an un prompted 'thank you mummy' grin

Galena Mon 08-Aug-11 19:17:45

Well done minisign!

Had to chuckle today... Had a friend round with her DS, and her DS pushed DD. His mum told him off and told him to 'say sorry to DD' so DD said 'Sorry DD'! Bless her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now