Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Annual review question

(8 Posts)
TheTimeTravellersWife Sat 06-Aug-11 22:47:16

Can someone tell me please, if a Statement is amended following AR and you appeal it, which Statement do the LA have to provide support for, is it the original statement or the amended one that you are disagreeing with? Can't find the relevant bit in the CoP.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 07-Aug-11 10:59:42

Sorry, don't know. I would have thought it should be the original one, but I'll bet it's not. Anyway, bumping for you.

PipinJo Sun 07-Aug-11 17:40:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BlueArmyGirl Sun 07-Aug-11 19:28:02

As far as I understand it the only statement that is binding is the current final statement. Any amendments presented at the review and agreed by the LA will be presented in a new proposed statement in the first instance (which I guess is what you are currently appealing) and this follows the same process as when you actually got the statement in the first place. Hope that makes sense. smile

TheTimeTravellersWife Sun 07-Aug-11 19:57:13

OK, I think that I've got it. The final Statement issued after the AR is the one that the LA have to comply with, that is the one that I will be appealing against, due to the reduction in support and provision, so effectively the LA again get away with reduced provision during the 6 months or so the appeal takes.
This whole SEN system just stinks; it is just so unfair!

PipinJo Sun 07-Aug-11 20:31:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheTimeTravellersWife Sun 07-Aug-11 20:42:37

Thanks Pipin. My LA seem to have an "unwritten" policy to reduce provision at every available opportunity!

BlueArmyGirl Mon 08-Aug-11 09:28:00

Were you not issued with a new proposed final statement in which the reduced support was identified? I thought all revisions to final statements meant the statement had to be reissued with the changes as a proposed again first, which means you have the same time scales and rights of appeal as you did first time round. (I am happy to stand corrected but this is how I thought it worked).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now