Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SN shopping trolleys in Tesco - I had no idea!

(13 Posts)
BrigadeOfLannisters Sat 06-Aug-11 18:27:09

Saw one today and was very pleased. So I thought I'd post about them for other misinformed people / lurkers.

I got chatting to the lady pushing and her delightful son aged fourteen who was sitting in a really comfortable-looking seat in front. Apparently (this is a Tesco Extra though) they have three and you just request one at customer services.

We are finding that DS (4) is getting a bit snug on the trolley seat these days (although this is a good thing in many respects grin) so I was really happy to see that there is an alternative to leaving him at home.

I might write a nice email to a big company for once in order to thank them and see if they could be more widely publicised.

5inthebed Sat 06-Aug-11 18:30:31

There are roughly 8 at my local tesco and they are positioned right next to the entrance. Very handy indeed.

BrigadeOfLannisters Sat 06-Aug-11 18:33:37

According to the person I spoke to they have to hide them because they get stolen sad so people don't know about them.

Not that I would ever have thought it would be great fun to be pushed down a hill or similar whilst horrifically pissed as a teenager, oh no...

5inthebed Sat 06-Aug-11 18:40:27

Probably why ours are next to thesecurity guards.

Yes, such a shame those teenagers taking trollies.......

BrigadeOfLannisters Sat 06-Aug-11 18:47:54

Actually I probably would have the SN trollies alone if they were invented then but they weren't.

It was a bittersweet experience today really. DS doesn't draw a second glance in a trolley at the age of four (if quiet) but it was a glimpse into the future.

ouryve Sat 06-Aug-11 19:44:59

Our Sainsburys has a couple of them too. They're a pig to push, mind, since they have to pivot around a wheel in the centre in order to be steered. They're handy when we've forgotten the buggy, though.

There is a picture here of one

intothewest Sat 06-Aug-11 19:54:08

They hide them well here- I can never find one-and I can't leave DS on his own in the car whilst I run around trying to find one !

starfishmummy Sat 06-Aug-11 23:34:38

I can't push the ones in Sainsburys - they are not very manoeverable and feel like you have left the brake on.

WhoWhoWhoWho Sun 07-Aug-11 12:33:11

Oh these are great! DS is a runner and a hider so if I have to take him into a supermarket I put him in his maclaren major and attach a wheelchair trolley to it - not fun in the slightest.

I will definitely be asking at my town's tesco, I've not seen them but it seems very likely they will be hidden for security purposes.

Marne Sun 07-Aug-11 15:25:35

Our local tesco extra has them, they are kept near the main entrance (inside the store) with the trolly's that conect to wheel chairs. I can still squeeze my large 5 year old into the child seats and i often put dd1 (7) inside the trolly (even though it says not too).

unpa1dcar3r Sun 07-Aug-11 19:06:15

Didn't have them around when I needed them for my two years ago but they would've just used the opportunity to kick the shite out of me anyway so just as well!
Great idea for some though, I used to sit the boys actually in the trolley and pile the shopping on top of them! Worked ok til I pout anything in that they could tear the wrapper off!

Pixel Sun 07-Aug-11 19:51:29

Ours are always near the entrance and quite easy to find. I've given up using them though, partly 'cos I can't steer them and I managed to run over a poor woman's foot blush, also because the harness doesn't keep ds in so he would escape half way round the shop and be lying on the floor. Not only would I not be able to get him up but I'd be stuck with a trolley I couldn't move as well. For a while I solved it by squeezing his sister in the seat next to him but then he head-butted her in the mouth (by accident I might add) and knocked out her front tooth. Lots of blood and screaming and embarrassment at the checkout.

But then that's just my family, I'm sure you will be fine OP grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now