Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

where can i get special clothing for kids with disabilities?

(14 Posts)
yogabonkers Sat 06-Aug-11 14:52:57

as you may see on another thread, my 5 year old wont keep his nappy on.

any idea where i could get special all in one clothes for this problem?

have tried racketies, but they only have pyjamas. (which i will prob get anyway)

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Sat 06-Aug-11 14:56:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Would dungarees help?

eggandcress Sat 06-Aug-11 16:04:33

Try Googling 'Revolution Underwear' they do vests with poppers underneath or anything you need made to order.

Lougle Sat 06-Aug-11 16:31:11

My friend used to put a baby-grow on backwards when her DD was younger. She couldn't reach the poppers to undo it.

LegoLady95 Sat 06-Aug-11 17:31:58

I had the exact same problem with DS1, he would take his nappy off when I wasn't looking, then wet or soil on the floor. I bought some popper vests from Rackety's and they have been a godsend. He still won't wear bottoms in the house, but at least he can't take his nappy off. He still shoves his fingers in his nappy, but compared to scrubbing the carpet 8 times a day that's a breeze. When we go out I use a popper vest plus trousers/shorts with a fairly tight belt.
I guess if your DS knows how to undo the poppers they will be useless though.

Littlefish Sat 06-Aug-11 17:41:36

I think that purplepidgin, here on mumsnet makes clothes for children with disabilities. I'll see if I can point her to this thread. .

purplepidjin Sat 06-Aug-11 19:07:27

<wave>

I'll be doing my first Houdini Suit* in the next few days for someone who found me on facebook - happy to answer questions, or take orders, or whatever

*useful search term for more information

PS I got back from Poland at 4:30 this morning. Teenagers. Music project. For a week. Gigging til 2am this morning. Distinct lack of both sleep and medicinal wine. Please allow me to make very little sense for the next day or two - we're picking 4yo DNephew up tomorrow for a week to give DSIL some respite shock or should that be [szok]

ouryve Sat 06-Aug-11 19:42:28

By the way, I've still got the dungarees I mentioned in the other thread - Next 4/5. DS2 is too long in the body for them, this year. PM me if you're interested because they did thwart him for a little while and give me time to breathe!

JsOtherHalf Sat 06-Aug-11 21:49:45

www.disabled-clothing.co.uk/

keepingupwiththejoneses Mon 08-Aug-11 02:26:15

racketies also do vests similar to baby vests which I found to be a great at stopping my ds taking his nappy off

growlybear Mon 08-Aug-11 11:21:29

I would second fledglings they are really helpful and have some great ideas.

trishie24 Wed 10-Aug-11 14:25:00

The unitard from Fledglings is a godsend. They also have made to meAsure under clothing they could adapt for you. Ring them for a chat.

2old2beamum Wed 10-Aug-11 15:25:08

Thanks all have just ordered zip backed pyjamas x 4. Bank balance is about to quiver but my B/P will be lower but feel it will be worth it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now