Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I need to stay strong...

(32 Posts)
thornrose Sat 06-Aug-11 00:39:55

My AS dd wants to sleep in my bed, as always. She can't do this, she is 12 next month.
She is trying every trick in the book and I need to stay strong.
She has cried, begged, screamed and now she's being abusive. I cannot give in and I'm writing this to help me not give in even if no-one responds grin

coff33pot Sat 06-Aug-11 00:52:26

thornrose you.......can........do.........this........grin

thornrose Sat 06-Aug-11 00:56:49

I can, I really can, she's losing power.....

coff33pot Sat 06-Aug-11 00:57:14

yessssssssssssss

thornrose Sat 06-Aug-11 00:59:15

She's getting w-e-a-k-e-r and she just said "night I love you mum" which means she's about to go to sleep. RESULT!

coff33pot Sat 06-Aug-11 00:59:33

Is this the first time you have said no?

coff33pot Sat 06-Aug-11 01:00:05

well done! grin

thornrose Sat 06-Aug-11 01:02:58

It's not the first time I've said no, but I tend to give in on weekends. She sees Friday as a night to chance her arm, but not tonight or any other night. I've made up my mind.
But she's asleep, ha ha. I want to sneak downstairs for a glass of wine now!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sat 06-Aug-11 01:06:30

Well done thorny. Hey, welcome to SN children!

<cracks open the gin>

Most people are asleep, me too soon, but lovely to see you.

coff33pot Sat 06-Aug-11 01:06:39

grin sneak downstairs and get a glass then sneak back up and get in that bed.............stick your head on one corner and your feet diagonal lol grin its all YOURS! haha! Well done for sticking it out smile

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sat 06-Aug-11 01:08:39

We're all lovely here, aren't we coff33pot? You doing your accounts again?

coff33pot Sat 06-Aug-11 01:08:46

And on that note...................I got to be strong now.................because I am off to bed to fight for a spot between a snoring DH and a snoring Jack Russell grin

Nite nite x

thornrose Sat 06-Aug-11 01:09:39

Ha ha, hi Ellen thought I'd give it a go!
I stay up late because dd rarely sleeps before frigging midnight so this is my time!

coff33pot Sat 06-Aug-11 01:10:00

yessss ellen I was doing them. And yes we are a great bunch here <pins helper badge on> grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sat 06-Aug-11 01:10:02

Night.

thornrose Sat 06-Aug-11 01:11:38

coff33 I'm gonna sleep like on every corner of this bed grin

coff33pot Sat 06-Aug-11 01:12:43

Take photos for the good times book! grin grin

have a good kip I am off to do the same. smile

thornrose Sat 06-Aug-11 01:13:52

Don't know where that "like" came from? Good night all.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sat 06-Aug-11 01:17:19

It's cos you're down wid de kids, like. grin

Must sleep.

thornrose Sat 06-Aug-11 01:18:46

innit grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sat 06-Aug-11 01:19:28

Thornrose, have a read of the Friday night thread, Too tired for....

Then join us next Friday, nice way to get to know people.

unpa1dcar3r Sat 06-Aug-11 11:37:43

I'm so like 'well jell'!
Totally irrelevent but it was something I heard the other day and apparently it means really jealous and I've been wanting to use it since then being as I originate from Essex (Stacey Solomon from same place) 'ah fort ah'd be''er like tawk wot they tawks lahk, knah wot ah mean like?

What I mean is I am jealous of you having the bed to yourself although it's great news and a big step in the right direction for you and your daughter, well done (dude!) Long may it last!
I have a kingsize n yet Hubby still manages to leave me one inch of space! Aaaargh wink

thornrose Sat 06-Aug-11 22:38:13

I had the bed to myself until 5am which was pretty good.
DD wakes up every night, generally between 1 and 4 am and shouts out. She comes into my bed then, and I don't stop her. I think it's more important that she goes to sleep in her own bed.
The next step is to try to get her to go back to sleep in her own bed. I tried last year and it was horrendous.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sat 06-Aug-11 23:32:12

Yes, she's a bit old for controlled crying! But I suppose it's a similar theory, if she can fall asleep alone in her own bed, hopefully when she wakes, she'll have the skills to fall back to sleep, alone in her own bed. smile Lots of NT parenting tactics don't seem to work with ASD children, though.

coff33pot Sat 06-Aug-11 23:39:52

Dont know if it would work but when DS was small I used to give him my fleecy dressing gown to wrap round him if he woke up upset? I used to give him a cuddle in it in the bed with him then wrap it round him so he still had the sense of me being there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now