Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Some good news!

(12 Posts)
Becaroooo Fri 05-Aug-11 19:19:23

Hi all,

So, been to inpp again today and ds1's moro relex is..........gone!!!!

grin

Yep, gone.

So pleased that something we are doing is finally helpig him after what seems like years of floundering!

Anyway, just wanted to share that.

Thanks!

coff33pot Fri 05-Aug-11 19:21:32

grin Wonderful! grin

I love good news! I bet you are over the moon! xxx

tiredoffightingwithjelly Fri 05-Aug-11 19:22:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 05-Aug-11 19:42:30

Oh that's fantastic. Well done Master Roo, and to you too!

Eveiebaby Fri 05-Aug-11 20:24:11

smile. Good news - we are working on DD's retained reflexes at the moment! If it's not too nosey can you say how your DS's behaviour has changed. DD has a 75% retained moro but we only started the exercises a couple of weeks ago and I have seen no change in her yet although I realize it might be a bit unrealistic to expect changes so soon!

IndigoBell Fri 05-Aug-11 20:52:13

Great news!

I'm so jealous. It took DS a year to get rid of his (but now he has it's wonderful)

LeninGrad Fri 05-Aug-11 21:00:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

auntevil Fri 05-Aug-11 21:24:46

brilliant news for you and would that be BecaJoey? - that is what they call a baby Roo isn't it? grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 05-Aug-11 21:32:08

Great news, that was quick, wasn't it?

IndigoBell Fri 05-Aug-11 21:34:43

tiredOfFightingWithJelly - the moro reflex is the startle reflex that babies have. If you keep it past a baby it's called 'retained reflexes'. Becaroo has been doing retained reflex therapy at INPP for 6 months in order to get rid of it and other reflexes.

Retaining the moro reflex makes you very anxious....... Every time you get startled or hear a loud noise you get flooded with adrenalin, so you are constantly flooded with adrenalin so you can never relax.

Becaroooo Sat 06-Aug-11 09:13:38

Thanks!!! smile

evie He has been doing the exercises for approx 6 months.

ellen Yes I think it is quick..am delighted!

tired as Indigo said it makes the child/person very anxious and hypersensitive to unexpected noises.

He is def less anxious..I had to go to a family funeral in Irelans earlier this week and was gone for 3 days and he was fine 6 months ago I simply wouldnt have been able to go as dh would not have been able to cope with him and he wouldnt have slept.

We are moving house next week too and he is ok (up to now!!) but 6 months ago we would have been having major anxiety about it.

We still have a way to go....his tracking and head movements are still not great but the moro was a really major issue for him (he scored a 3 on his initial assessment which means he was affected 75% or more) and now its gone!!!! grin

Its odd, because the excercises seem so...simple! The one we believe has been the greatest help in eradicating his moro is just him being turned round very slowly in both directions on a swivel chair!!!! Amazing!!!

Anxiety has always been such an issue for ds1....right from being a baby....if RRT only gets rid of that it will be money well spent IMO.

Thanks again for the posts....family members dont really get what a big deal this is for us, but I know you guys do x

Becaroooo Sat 06-Aug-11 09:14:21

...and special thanks of course to indigo without whom I would never have heard of RRT or AIT xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now