Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Too tired for..

(144 Posts)
signandsmile Fri 05-Aug-11 18:11:54

How's everyone's week been? there have been ups here (night in tent great sucess) and downs (didn't even get interview for job I thought I was perfect for... sad... oh well).

Today bought water pistols for ds and grampy, very very funny to watch small boy and OAP chasing eachother round the garden, not sure who had most fun.

Last tutorial session tomorrow, and marking last essays, so quieter times are coming (ha ha!)

I have a bottle of homemade elderflower 'champagne' to open, so u are all invited to a glass...

insanityscatching Fri 05-Aug-11 18:22:39

Hello a quiet week here really. Got the COS (crock of shit) which was a particular low point but have cheered up considerably since receiving the solicitor's response where she has tore them to pieces grin
Off out tonight to take dd to the cinema to watch Mr Popper's Penguins just hoping I manage to stay awake as sleep as always has been in short supply.
Signed up for OU to start next April so I'm determined to be on a steady spell by then.

insanityscatching Fri 05-Aug-11 18:23:44

Sign I'll join you in a glass and bring you back popcorn smile

signandsmile Fri 05-Aug-11 18:27:47

ooo... insanity what u signed up for?

insanityscatching Fri 05-Aug-11 18:31:35

Introduction to social sciences. I have a dream that one day I might be a SW with a special interest in children with disabilities if I ever manage to sort my own two out for long enough to do anything that is blush

auntevil Fri 05-Aug-11 18:42:08

So glad the thread started nice and early. Ninja and I met with the DCs for a picnic (more profuse apologies for DS1, particularly the zombie behaviour! grin ) . We did discuss purple outfits for the TB Brigade.
DS3 will be going on a CFGF diet for a month trial, but i have been promised that if he improves i can get a prescription for him. Mostly keeping fingers crossed that it makes no difference, i don't find the GF part very easy, but at least it will help with costs if they put GF on prescription.
Was sad when i saw that you didn't get an interview Sign, their loss!
Insanity - report back on the film and its suitability for sitting through please. Always good to have recommendations.
Elderflower champers - very nice. Ninja was last seen heading off to buy Gin - so should be along later.
Have a good week all smile

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 05-Aug-11 18:43:35

I'm sure you'll be nicer than nananina, then.

Quiet week here. dS1 got home safely from France, managed to drag the children away from the PC occasionally to get some fresh air.

Highlight of my week was the Twunty Bollocks Brigade. How sad is that?

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 05-Aug-11 18:44:18

that's crap insanity, I don't get why leas have to be quite so obstuctive. Enjoy your evening out!

sign, good week for ds then smile Will you get much of a break before work starts up again?

not a bad week for us this week, sn group has been running tuesday and thursday, an absolute lifesaver and met auntevil at the park this afternoon which was rather lovely. And finally I remembered to buy more gin today and tanqueray was on special so a really good day, anyone want to share grin

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 05-Aug-11 18:46:22

xposts oh evil one grin ds1 was fine, zombie impression was excellent!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 05-Aug-11 18:46:41

Auntevil, have you done the Sunderland urine test? My DS did CF for a month, but they recommended GF for a 6 month trial as it would take that long to clear his system. I saw an NHS dietician and got GF flour etc on prescription.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 05-Aug-11 18:47:16

that was fun ellenjane grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 05-Aug-11 18:49:25

Twunty bollocks or cfgf? We were glad it had no effect!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 05-Aug-11 18:51:01

There are a few posters I'm wary of now.

nenevomito Fri 05-Aug-11 18:51:08

Bad: DS being formally diagnosed. Regardless of how expected it was, it was still one of the more crapper moments of my life.

Good: DS starting his new gymnastics club. The last one we went to asked us not to take him back after he had a melt down as he couldn't do a forward roll. This one is fab and he had one to one support.

Even better: No kids all weekend. Hooray for grandparents! I'm just stopping in before I'm off out for the evening with DH.

Have a good one grin

nenevomito Fri 05-Aug-11 18:51:52

Oh and yes there are some posters that I am very wary of now. I have updated my spreadhsheet. angry Grrrr!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 05-Aug-11 18:52:47

Have a good one babyheave.

smugtandemfeeder Fri 05-Aug-11 18:54:18

Hi everyone. Glad to hear the Elderflower champagne is flying around. Have mine wine im still not drinking.

Good week here. DS has a letter from private psych saying it is "highly likely" he is on the ASD along side needing treatment for anxiety and needs further assessment for ASD. WOO HOO also his private medical insurance (the ones that dont cover developmental delay....) for some reason have now authorised 10 sessions with the private psych, after a year of fussing and bothering telling me they dont cover autism. No idea what has suddenly changed as letter makes it quite clear DS has autistic traits. Buggers.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 05-Aug-11 19:01:34

Hi smug. Can't fathom the insurance company. Grab the money, quick, before they change their minds. Are you really ok with the ASD DX? I suppose you were being accused of all sorts, so it's a relief to be believed.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 05-Aug-11 19:09:22

tbb ellen, I was lucky not to see the thread or the second one at allbefore they went pfffft. Thankfully don't have to do gf over here.

babyheave, have some of my gin, it's rather nice smile

signandsmile Fri 05-Aug-11 19:14:00

thanks evil! have to say the twunty bollocks thread also cracked me up, had considered becoming signandwearpurple...

hi ninja yeah should quieten down Oct to Jan, have decided to blow big virtual raspberry at the un-named organisation who didn't interview me grin, will concentrate on decadent flolloping during ds's school hours instead... grin.

babyheave what a lovely opportunity, have a great weekend!

signandsmile Fri 05-Aug-11 19:14:48

or possibly signtwuntily ???

Ineedalife Fri 05-Aug-11 19:23:13

Nice to see everyone on here tonightsmile.

We have had a wierd week, we were all exhausted from Guide camp at the start of the week and the Dd's took up residence in front of the TV.

Managed to motivate them to go outdoor swimming on Wed evening and took Dd3 to the park today, she met a little girl from Brownies and played alongside her for a bitsmile.

Thursday bought the news that the psychiatrist wanted to do a DISCO diagnostic on Dd3 because she reckons there are too many discrepancies in the reports.hmm

Decided to go away again next week to get them away from the telly.

Me, 2 teens and Dd3 by the seaside!! Should be good.grin

Dd3 is like a different child on a campsite. smile.

signandsmile Fri 05-Aug-11 19:25:26

hi needalife hope weather next week is good for the camping

Ineedalife Fri 05-Aug-11 19:32:26

Thanx sign, me toosmile.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 05-Aug-11 19:34:41

Hi Ineed. Hopefully someone will know a bit more about DISCO. Camping by the sea sounds lovely, even if you do have to take the DC!

Ninja, pass the gin over here, please.

I tried to persuade a few people over here from the Twunty Bollocks fallout but they were under the impression SN was full of trolls and arguments. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now