Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What to do with 2 dd's on a rainy day?

(10 Posts)
Marne Thu 04-Aug-11 08:54:22

Its chucking it down with rain (first rainy day of the holidays), i'm hoping it clears off in a bit, i have bad period pain so i dont feel ike doing too much, what can i do to entertain 2 dd's (with ASD)? would it be wrong to stick them infront of the TV and PC for the morning in hope they can go outside this afternoon? What indoor activities go down well in your house?

signandsmile Thu 04-Aug-11 09:00:10

yeah, TV PC! wink.

how about a bit of cooking? nothing fancy, pastry, or a cake?

Marne Thu 04-Aug-11 09:10:26

Was going to make cup cakes but dd1 will refuse to help (will just want to eat the end product), she's happy on the PC but i am trying to reduce the amount of time she's on there (which is proving a challange).

signandsmile Thu 04-Aug-11 09:51:03

hmm.... (thinks), anyone local to come round for a play? or maybe an indoor picnic? or deliberate going out in the rain to get soaking, no coat no wellies? (my ds likes the sheer 'naughtiness' of getting to do this.... )

maybe treasure hunt indoors?

Sorry can't remember how old your dds are, so that they may be crappy suggestions. (we are off to disabled swim later.)

Marne Thu 04-Aug-11 09:58:14

Dd's are 5 and 7.

Rain is slowing down (dd1 wont go out in it but dd2 would), have made some cakes, dd1 still on the PC and dd2 stimming because she's bored sad, i'm going to raid the toy cupboard to see if theres any toys we have forgotton about grin.

ArthurPewty Thu 04-Aug-11 10:02:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AurraSing Thu 04-Aug-11 10:12:38

I think I peaked too early by making playdough at 8 this morning. It's looking like its brightening up, so we might venture out but the forecast doesn't look good. Good day for videos and ds's grin

Ineedalife Thu 04-Aug-11 11:37:22

Am all for putting waterproofs on and going out anyway, strangely Dd3 will play out in all weathers when camping but is refusing to move from the TV today.

How about a duplo or playmobil fest marne or painting. Playdough is another favourite of Dd3's. Wow to aurra for making some so early!! Hope your Dc's enjoy itsmile.

We are watching Mickey, Goofy and Donald the 3 musketeers again grin - I can see Cars going on straight afterwards aaaaaaaaargggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

coff33pot Thu 04-Aug-11 22:46:12

I was lucky DS has just got hooked on Harry Potter. He sat through the 3rd one twice grin

If its raining outside we tend to to a sports day inside. With pogo stick, ball hopper, roller skates, races in blowing paper balls up and down carpet with straws that sort of thing. Thank heaven for laminate flooring grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now