Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

AIBU Partner putting restrictions on my internet use

(6 Posts)
mum0ftw0 Tue 02-Aug-11 16:28:31

I went to try and listen to a song I had in my head today and a page banned sign came up for youtube.
My partner has gone behind my back and banned me from the site, when questioned, he said because I'm using too much bandwidth.
He insited on signing u for a crap internet package when I had my own one in mind (sky, as I already have the tv and phone line with them so it would have been cheaper).
He wanted to use this crap smaller internet provider with a small bandwidth limit because his brother set it up as he works for the small company providing it.

So we moved in and next door said 'how much can we use your internet for?' to my partner and he said 5 pound and took it.

I listen to about 5 music videos a day tops on youtube and now he's banned me from doing this.
He's all computer savvy and I have no knowledge on how to change this.

Isn't he being a bit controlling to not even discuss it with me??

colditz Tue 02-Aug-11 16:29:39

tell him that he must remove this ban or you will have sky fitted without his consent,.

drivemecrazy63 Tue 02-Aug-11 16:31:08

is there a reason you have posted this on SEN and not AIBU? if not I think you will get much more response on AIBU or chat

starfishmummy Tue 02-Aug-11 17:44:30

Well in some ways I can see where he comes from - I pay for our internet because DH told me that we didn't need it, yet recently every month I get warnings from my provider that we are about to exceed the fair use policy and last month went over it. This is down to him using the iplayer after I have gone to bed. If we go over we are still able to use the internet for emails and surfing the net but can only do downloads (including you tube and the iplayer) before 4pm or after midnight. So it is very annoying but I didn't block him - just had stern words!

scotchmist Tue 02-Aug-11 19:26:16

ooops i think you have posted in SN instead of AIBU by mistake, easily done, i flit between them and mental health and often get mixed up grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 02-Aug-11 19:39:13

Yes, she's reposted in AIBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now