Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA applications

(10 Posts)
bigbluebus Tue 02-Aug-11 12:56:15

I know many of you on here tear your hair out over the difficult task of filling in DLA Applications for your DC's. I was reading an article in our regional Contact a Family newsletter yesterday and just wanted to share the closing comment with you all. It said "Once you have finished, don't forget to reward yourself: you deserve it! Take some time out for yourself and remember all the really wonderful things about your child (just don't write them down!)"
Good advice!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 02-Aug-11 14:08:06

smile

hazeyjane Tue 02-Aug-11 15:25:38

I am rewarding myself every time I manage to answer one question!

One question a night for the last week!

bigbluebus Tue 02-Aug-11 17:28:35

Keep up the good work hazeyjane. Fingers crossed it will be worth it in the end!
I've done the forms 4 times in my DD's lifetime, so I know how hard it is to put into words what you do as a matter of course on a daily basis.

keepingupwiththejoneses Tue 02-Aug-11 18:59:45

That quote is so true, it is so hard not to write anything good about you dc on the form. As we al know each small milestone is a huge thing in our lives and all we ant to do is shout it from the rooftops. I had 2 renewals to do in 6 weeks it was horrendous!

Galena Tue 02-Aug-11 20:06:28

Yep - I did exactly that! With a glass of wine too! Now waiting for the decision...

hazeyjane Tue 02-Aug-11 21:42:58

Oooh fingers crossed for you, Galena.

I think we have an uphill struggle on our hands, as ds is so young, but his keyworker thought we should go for it.

I haven't written this much since writing my thesis!

Galena Tue 02-Aug-11 22:09:56

Thanks, hazey. It's difficult proving they need significantly more help and supervision than a 'typical' child when they are young. I'm hoping our diagnosis will help!

alowVeraWithPurpleTwuntyPants Tue 02-Aug-11 22:14:41

I was so depressed after writing dd's dla form. And as therapy I made sure that I thought about a amazing thing she had achieved each day. Even the littlest of things like holding hands with her sister, or sitting down for 2 seconds whilst eating.

chocjunkie Tue 02-Aug-11 22:31:57

I am actually pre-warding myself (big coffee and chocolate) before I tackle the next question and have a glass of wine afterwards... I only do one a day fortnight. just find it so difficult but trying to give myself a good push these days to get it done...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now