Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

waterproof trousers for crawlers

(11 Posts)
isw Sat 30-Jul-11 16:10:06

Hi,
I know there are some mums of other kids here who are crawlers rather than walkers so hopefully someone will have some experience. DD has cp and is getting better at crawling she enjoys crawling on the beach etc. We are off to Scotland next week and was thinking some waterproof trousers might be a good idea so she can still explore. Does anyone know a good brand that have lots of flex around the knees, enough room for a nappy and wont be dragged down. I am thinking trousers will be better than dungarees as we are trying to toilet train and getting her in and out of dungarees would be a pain with her stiff, crossey over legs. I would so prefer to buy something on the internet and to have to go round the shopd getting her to try things on!!
Also any short rain coat that wont get in the way and broad enough over the shoulders as she uses alot of upper body strength.
Thanks

KatyMac Sat 30-Jul-11 16:15:02

It depends how much you want to spend and how old she is

isw Sat 30-Jul-11 16:27:01

Sorry she is 3. Have no idea about price, cheap as possible normally but I have a feeling that decent tough wearing breathable trousers are going to make a big difference to her quality of life

KatyMac Sat 30-Jul-11 16:30:46

here

here

these are to be good

KatyMac Sat 30-Jul-11 16:31:12

Tescos & Millets often do them too

Chundle Sat 30-Jul-11 16:33:10

I just bought some of the dungaree over the shoulder and under the wellyies type ones from snow and rock they are pink made of tough breathable fabric with loads of room also Jojo Maman Bebe do good ones both of which are online too. Could also try places like Millets and Blacks

isw Sat 30-Jul-11 16:39:24

Fab links katy. I esp like the puddle stuff. Am off to trawl ebay smile

isw Sat 30-Jul-11 16:45:49

And they do tankinis with a long top perfect for little miss skinny.

zzzzz Sat 30-Jul-11 19:16:41

I think our best set was called muddy puddles, but there are lots. The easiest is sort of rubberised and flexy rather than just raincoaty IYKWIM. I had my little girl in what they call trousers and bib [but basically like dungarees]. The trousers have elastic straps at the top and dd could shuck them off quite easily.
We buy them at the farm shop because they are more robust than Tesco or whatever. Around here there is a chain called Mole Valley, but there must be equivalents everywhere....presumably on-line too.

AlysWho Sat 30-Jul-11 20:19:44

Muddy puddles we had, they were great and are still going strong on my sisters kids.. they're more like trousers with braces than dungarees x

saladsandwich Sat 30-Jul-11 21:16:17

jojo mamam bebe ones are nice, i think regatta do like trousers with matching rain coat x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now