Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dla how long did it take for them to sort your claim

(11 Posts)
linbam Fri 29-Jul-11 15:29:21

Hi i have claimed for my ds11 and its been over a month now and no reply from them altho they said they had received my claim form, my ds is asd diagnosed and never wanted to claim for years but now i think he should get what he is entitled to, can anyone else tell me how long their claim took thanks x

drivemecrazy63 Fri 29-Jul-11 15:43:32

used to take 2 months but there going through in anything from a couple weeks to 6 weeks now from what different people have said mine took 4 if i remember rightly subsequent claims seem to take less

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 29-Jul-11 15:57:29

I think it depends on whether they decide to write to any of the people you listed on your form, obviously that can add quite a bit of time on. Give them a ring and ask what's happening. Dd3s renewal took 10 days but they didn't contact anyone this time, took a couple of months the time they did.

cwtch4967 Fri 29-Jul-11 17:59:39

10 days but I sent lots of medical reports.

insanityscatching Fri 29-Jul-11 18:24:09

Never took more than two weeks for all of my forms, have been claiming for ds for more than 13 years and dd for 6 years.

Anna85 Fri 29-Jul-11 18:49:54

I cannot remember exactly how long but was fairly quick but I made sure I sent in medical reports etc which I had so they didnt have to wait around for the medical professionals to send.

The only think they had to send away for was report from school.

I think you are best to send in reports with the form.

Hope you get a quick response.

Mine was 4 weeks but I had very recent reports which they said that they had used to make their decision along with the form.

tallulah Fri 29-Jul-11 19:22:19

I sent DSs renewal off in May. This week they rejected it completely. He's gone from HRC/LRM to zero. As he hasn't actually got better and has been claiming for the last 13 years we are a bit confused

linbam Sat 30-Jul-11 00:26:37

Oh dear, this is why i never claimed before sad i will ring them and ask whats happening x thanks

Triggles Sat 30-Jul-11 08:13:55

IIRC, it took just over 6 wks. And the money popped into my account a day or two before I got the confirmation award letter.

drivemecrazy63 Sat 30-Jul-11 11:33:49

i think from what they have said when i phoned them its a matter of litterally how many claims they have going atm i always send reports in with it but still takes 4 weeks but they back date so its not a problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now