Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dla how long did it take for them to sort your claim

(11 Posts)
linbam Fri 29-Jul-11 15:29:21

Hi i have claimed for my ds11 and its been over a month now and no reply from them altho they said they had received my claim form, my ds is asd diagnosed and never wanted to claim for years but now i think he should get what he is entitled to, can anyone else tell me how long their claim took thanks x

drivemecrazy63 Fri 29-Jul-11 15:43:32

used to take 2 months but there going through in anything from a couple weeks to 6 weeks now from what different people have said mine took 4 if i remember rightly subsequent claims seem to take less

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 29-Jul-11 15:57:29

I think it depends on whether they decide to write to any of the people you listed on your form, obviously that can add quite a bit of time on. Give them a ring and ask what's happening. Dd3s renewal took 10 days but they didn't contact anyone this time, took a couple of months the time they did.

cwtch4967 Fri 29-Jul-11 17:59:39

10 days but I sent lots of medical reports.

insanityscatching Fri 29-Jul-11 18:24:09

Never took more than two weeks for all of my forms, have been claiming for ds for more than 13 years and dd for 6 years.

Anna85 Fri 29-Jul-11 18:49:54

I cannot remember exactly how long but was fairly quick but I made sure I sent in medical reports etc which I had so they didnt have to wait around for the medical professionals to send.

The only think they had to send away for was report from school.

I think you are best to send in reports with the form.

Hope you get a quick response.

Ben10isthespawnofthedevil Fri 29-Jul-11 19:04:01

Mine was 4 weeks but I had very recent reports which they said that they had used to make their decision along with the form.

tallulah Fri 29-Jul-11 19:22:19

I sent DSs renewal off in May. This week they rejected it completely. He's gone from HRC/LRM to zero. As he hasn't actually got better and has been claiming for the last 13 years we are a bit confused

linbam Sat 30-Jul-11 00:26:37

Oh dear, this is why i never claimed before sad i will ring them and ask whats happening x thanks

Triggles Sat 30-Jul-11 08:13:55

IIRC, it took just over 6 wks. And the money popped into my account a day or two before I got the confirmation award letter.

drivemecrazy63 Sat 30-Jul-11 11:33:49

i think from what they have said when i phoned them its a matter of litterally how many claims they have going atm i always send reports in with it but still takes 4 weeks but they back date so its not a problem

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: