Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

In shock listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2

(11 Posts)
countdowntoxmas Fri 29-Jul-11 13:01:58

About a boy with ASD who had to be moved out of a theatre audience with his family for making noises. Some absolute T....R has called up saying that the term autism is being used far too lightly at the moment and that people are using it as an excuse for everything. What an ignorant man. Just had to vent my anger...

eaglewings Fri 29-Jul-11 13:05:27

That's the JV show for you, I'm now a radio 1 listener from half 9 until 2 due to the people who phone up radio 2!

BustyStClaire Fri 29-Jul-11 13:06:42

I was listening too, the callers were saying basically that if he cannot be quiet he should have been left at home? He was only laughing more enthusiastically anyway. Tell you what? Lets lock them all up in some sort of home & forget about them, dont let them amongst normal people! For fucks sake, it would include my boy as well! Makes me sooo made, so he a bit different, so am I, and so are most of us! So mad.

BustyStClaire Fri 29-Jul-11 13:08:08

And the dad was so dignified, calm, etc, I have busted their heads (before being asked to leave) smile

Becaroooo Fri 29-Jul-11 14:00:22

Lets hope none of their family ever have to deal with SN, eh?

drivemecrazy63 Fri 29-Jul-11 14:10:15

god help their poor dcs if they do, but i guarantee if it were them they would be on JV shouting about how injust yada yada as its always different for these people

drivemecrazy63 Fri 29-Jul-11 14:20:05

should also say how ridiculous a comment when most of us take years to get a dx and as we all know they dont do it lightly as they dont want to pay out for therapies ,TAs or SS ect aghhhh my ganders up now angry

coff33pot Fri 29-Jul-11 15:10:12

Turned it off it made me angry

Boys laughing and enjoying himself...............and the problem with that is? Obviously SN kids and parents are not allowed life or to laugh then. angry

bedheadz Fri 29-Jul-11 15:21:14

OMG why are people so horrible, I could understand if he was having a meltdown but he was laughing enjoying himself.

This has really struck a nerve with me: we went to the school production ds had already watched it in school. He chose to sit away from us on his own at the back (nobody near him). Because he had already watched it he started laughing a good few minutes in anticipation of the funny bits and carried on laughing a good few minutes after everybody else had stopped. He was bouncing about and flapping. At the end one of the other parents stopped me to say how lovely it was and that he had made the show even more enjoyable for them.

keepingthefaith Fri 29-Jul-11 15:37:01

Didnt hear the beginning of the discussion, but am I right in thinking the caller who thought autism was an excuse for bad parenting did not, in fact, have any children with SN?

I am sick of people like him tutting and making assumptions when they know nothing about the autistic spectrum or how hard it is to deal with day in day out angry

cwtch4967 Fri 29-Jul-11 18:08:10

I heard it too and was aghast at the idiot spouting total crap!! It does sound as though the theatre front of house staff really messed up!
It is a difficult issue as everyone who has paid a lot of money for a ticket has to be able to watch the production but in this case it doesn't seem as though the people sitting nearby complained.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now