Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Some good news at last - Request for SA

(8 Posts)
Anna85 Wed 27-Jul-11 12:07:25

After thinking that the initial request for SA would be a no, I just called LEA and it was a big fat YES at panel. Although there is still a long way to go I was delighted the panel accepted the request first time, especially as our LEA are cutting down on statements!

One very happy Mummy and hopefully will enable my son to get the support that he rightly deserves!!! :-D

coff33pot Wed 27-Jul-11 12:16:43

Yay! grin

Its always nice to hear positive news for a change isnt it? [smle]

hannahsmummsy Wed 27-Jul-11 12:21:22

Yipppppppie well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

Anna85 Wed 27-Jul-11 12:30:14

I was so adamant it was going to be a No as our LEA is really cutting down and changed all the education dept, and I even think the school were expecting a NO!!!

Its a bummer its school holidays as really wanted to go in and tell them....before they recieve the letters!!

I am pretty pleased it was accepted first time.....I think it helped showing his latest report with how far acamedically behind he is :-D :-D :-D

utah Wed 27-Jul-11 13:00:47

so glad for you, nice start to summer hols

nickminiink Wed 27-Jul-11 13:22:29

We was told 2 weeks ago after appealing and a tribunal date set that the LEA will now be assessing our son, its such a relief isn't it. I guess this i where the fun starts, good luck and well done.

pinkorkid Wed 27-Jul-11 13:49:12

Great news, as utah says nice to have that worry taken away at the beginning of the holidays.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 27-Jul-11 14:54:09

That's great news! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now