Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Out of the mouths of babes..........

(8 Posts)
cwtch4967 Tue 26-Jul-11 17:36:11

Just been to the supermarket with my two children - (ds 3 ASD & LD , DD 6 N). Ds was sitting in the trolley (he's small) and had started to play up a bit, DD just sighed and said " I wish ds didn't have autism" - all I could managed was a "me too"

BialystockandBloom Wed 27-Jul-11 22:04:26

sad

Haven't got much to say but didn't want your post to be totally ignored, and wanted to send you (un-MNetty) ((hugs)) . It's crap sometimes isn't it. Have had something similar myself the last couple of days (too many playdates with nt kids), also feeling a bit raw.

At least there is this board, where we all know how you feel and what you're going through. And though the ASD will sadden you one day, you know ds will amaze you the next. Chin up.

coff33pot Thu 28-Jul-11 11:51:17

xxxxxxx smile

5inthebed Thu 28-Jul-11 11:53:29

Yeah, DS1 has said that about Ds2 as well, t'is hard to hear. Hope you feel ok.

cwtch4967 Thu 28-Jul-11 12:03:17

Thanks for the support! Sometimes it just comes up and smacks you in the face when you don't expect it. I had a great moment yesterday - ds picked up a car and pretended it was a phone by holding it to his ear and saying hello (well aiyow). I was so pleased as he has never done anything like this!!!

Life is full of ups and downs!

5inthebed Thu 28-Jul-11 16:24:09

Aww well done him for the imaginary play!

My neice is hoid about DS2, she told him she hated him becuase he has autism. At least I can kick he out my house, DS1 would never say anything hurtful to DS2.

5inthebed Thu 28-Jul-11 17:05:37

hoid = horrid.

mummysgoingmad Thu 28-Jul-11 17:16:34

i know what you mean, some days are harder than others, but tomorrow could be a better day. chin up and remember its not long until bed time wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now