Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I knew it was too good to last. The pre-holiday wind up has begun! How do I get DD2 on a plane?

(7 Posts)
AtYourCervix Tue 26-Jul-11 16:27:17

Oh lordy here we go. (DD2 is 13, AS)

She's had since January to get used to the idea so not like it has been sprung on her. Been fine up until today and things are starting to feel a little tense. She's just had a paddy because the printer wouldn't work - resulting in an hour of shouting and swearing.

Oh lord how am I going to get her on a plane? Please tell me it will be ok?

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 26-Jul-11 16:39:25

Have you got anything she can get absorbed in on the plane? A favourite book or a new book by a favourite author, only for once she's on the plane, or something that may motivate her. My DS was happy with a new app on his IPod, but I don't know what rocks your DD's boat.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 26-Jul-11 16:41:02

A huge bag of special 'aeroplane' sweets?

AtYourCervix Tue 26-Jul-11 16:43:05

she doesn't do books. sweets and ipod may get her to the airport. if only she'd take medicines i could drug her (not really joking much) but she won't.

argh!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 26-Jul-11 16:53:46

I'd save the big guns for the public places! You can put up with the tantrums in the car, but you need stuff to occupy her in the airport. Once in the air she can't get off. New iPod touch? DS? I've just got boys so I'm out of my depth. grin

zzzzz Tue 26-Jul-11 18:03:38

A hat helps for hiding under.
ipod/PSP whatever with headphones if possible.
Snacks she likes.
If she likes stuff, I would take her to a pound shop and let her buy a load of rubbish treasure to be kept in her plane bag.
Things that smell nice can help.
How long is the flight and what time?
Would she be interested in looking at stuff on where you are going? I'm thinking maps/outings/food. you could get her to choose a load of stuff that you will then do with her when youare there.
What are her favorite activities?
It is a very good idea to explain about security first! We don't give ours their hand luggage till after security because putting them through the machine makes them anxious.

AtYourCervix Tue 26-Jul-11 19:16:47

she doesn't like anything much hmm no hobbies/obsessions/interests.
ipod is probably the best way forward. will get her to sort out some new apps and music. and a hat to hide under - good plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now