Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I just cannot cope today!

(7 Posts)
BustyStClaire Tue 26-Jul-11 10:34:35

DS, 7, Adhd, Dyspraxia, maybe other stuff! Is so super hyper today, I am just gonna walk out the door, and not come back. It is getting worse & worse, I leave them room, return & he is on the widow ledge. He gets chess set out sets it all out, then upturns the whole table! I have to be in this morning as the hairdresser is coming as I cannot take him to hairdressers! It is getting worse & worse, the noises the agressive behaviour, always bothering his baby sister when she wants to play something, doors banging, argh argh argh. Just need a little peace & quiet for 5 mins pleaseeeeeeeeeee

sickofsocalledexperts Tue 26-Jul-11 10:38:39

have you been to GP and looked into ritalin or strattera. It has worked wonders for some friends of mine with kids with ADHD? The other thing is an indoor mini trampoline - we got an adult sized "rebounder" which has helped get the energy out.

coff33pot Tue 26-Jul-11 11:41:39

Was going to suggest a mini trampoline. We got one inside and one outside. I just leave doors open so that he can run through. I also got a large excercise ball that ds leaps on and rolls around the room and he seems hooked on his big sisters excercise dvds and ones she picks out of sky channels. We just turn the tv up load and he copies them smile

BustyStClaire Tue 26-Jul-11 16:37:35

Thanks, trampoline maybe good, will save the sofas!

coff33pot Tue 26-Jul-11 19:19:31

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=pogo+stick&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=21830710&ref=pd_sl_3r9ptd4d9g_e

DS has one of these too! It takes a lot of energy to bounce and hold on grin

Also I have locks from the outside on all the doors upstairs to stop DS going up there and either creating havoc or drowning the bathroom floor with water.

Child cupboard locks on the kitchen doors reduce the banging of them as they get bored it doesnt open far enough.

I have taken the middle door out that separates the dining room from the sitting room so it makes a through fare for ds to charge or scooter it etc and yep no door to bang grin

coff33pot Tue 26-Jul-11 19:20:24

Sorry its a Pogo Stick would help if I told you. you are going to have to copy and paste it to your browser I am afraid.

zzzzz Tue 26-Jul-11 19:49:14

What about one of those wii dance mat things....we have the balance board but it is too sensitive for ds really....I think the dance mat might make for a good stomping activity.
Trampoline and bike are life savers. In some ways mine is still little so all those bucket of water in the garden type activities still do it for us..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now