Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Mixed feelings about ADOS.

(8 Posts)
PaperView Mon 25-Jul-11 17:38:26

Camhs have done their pre ADOS collection of information (or whatever they do!) and have told us they are arranging for DS2 to have the ADOS. Does that mean that they think his issues are ASD (as has been suggested) and will it lead to dx for him? Or are they excluding ASD?

BIt confused now.

PaperView Mon 25-Jul-11 17:39:04

(Sorry to post and run)

coff33pot Mon 25-Jul-11 18:19:08

I would say that they have decided from the information you have given on all those forms and your meeting with them that they are going to test him as possibly there are some traits showing and they feel this test will help them determine what to do next smile

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Mon 25-Jul-11 18:38:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PaperView Mon 25-Jul-11 20:48:52

They have said he has traits for a long time. Just don't want to let myself believe that someone is taking him (us) seriously at last. It has almost cost me my marriage :/

coff33pot Tue 26-Jul-11 00:16:09

I can fully understand the pressures put on family life Paperview x

Whether it leads to a diagnosis or not from the boxes your DS ticks you will at least find out what some of his issues are and it will open doors for you to get help smile

drivemecrazy63 Tue 26-Jul-11 10:05:03

as coff33pot says it is because they believe its possible he is asd as he has traits or they wouldnt bother so I ca catagorically say yes they are finally taking you seriously smile it is stressfull isnt it it put so much stress on my husband and my other dcs it felt like we were being torn apart. and like others are saying you will at least get some better more appropriate help for your dc thik of this as a glimmer of light at the end of a very long tunnel with a hopefully good outcome.

PaperView Tue 26-Jul-11 14:38:29

Help is all i ever wanted sad I don't care if he has a label or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now