Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

3am wake up calls are so exhausting

(4 Posts)
Triggles Fri 22-Jul-11 18:05:04

DS2 wakes up fairly frequently at 3-4am and is up for the day. Today was a 3am day. yawn yawn And late night last night with DS3. yawn yawn

I swear 5am is like having a lie-in!

BakeliteBelle Fri 22-Jul-11 18:08:08

crap isn't it. We resorted to drugs years ago - Melatonin and Valergan Forte

zzzzz Fri 22-Jul-11 18:14:49

I've just got used to it. I find it easier to focus on food [I know it's supposed to be difficult, but frankly encourageing your child to eat one more mouthful is WAY less stressful than sitting up praying for sleep], it is true for mine that the more they eat the more they sleep.

I have a little tag team thing going to dd3 is a night owl and ds1 is up with the birds....what can you do. I did sleep in till 9 this week, so perhaps I am a little punch drunk. grin

Triggles Fri 22-Jul-11 18:16:20

We discussed melatonin with the paed, but we're not quite ready to go there yet. (I know, I know, what's sleep? grin)

I had to laugh as this morning he climbed into our bed and said "can I sleep with you?" Which really is laughable, as he DOESN'T SLEEP!!! He climbs all over the place, chattering the whole time, getting in and out of bed, getting into things in our room. hmm sleep... hrrrumph!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now