Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Does anyone else do a SEN blog ?

(20 Posts)
Violet5 Fri 22-Jul-11 10:03:02

I know many people will not have either the desire/inclination to blog or the time so please feel free to ignore this thread if that's the case smile

I have 6 children, 2 with disabilities, one child has quadriplegic CP, extensive global brain damage and a life limiting illness. Another one of my children is on the ASD spectrum, has a specific speech and language disorder, GDD and Hypermobility.

Anyway i've just started a blog that's primarily about our family life involving having 2 children with SEN. Wondered if anyone else here blogs ?

Mine is shadesofvioletblog.wordpress.com/

If you do and wouldn't mind sharing yours then it would be great if you'd post it here or PM me the address as i'm really enjoying reading a couple of other disability/SEN related blogs i've come across recently. I enjoy the often shared experience aspect of them...and i'm a bit nosey too blush like hearing about equipment or services people have sourced/used.

Thanks smile

purplepidjincantatem Fri 22-Jul-11 10:50:53

I blog about disability related stuff from a Care Workers point of view. I've joined the MumsNet network, people have been really really supportive because there's not a lot of us covering the subject!

www.mimapants.blogspot.com

I'm just off to the gym, will read yours when I get back grin

Violet5 Fri 22-Jul-11 11:02:26

Love you blog purplepidjincatatem, have added it to my blog roll so i can revisit. Thanks for sharing, enjoy the gym smile

purplepidjincantatem Fri 22-Jul-11 12:20:59

I'm back and off to read wink and possibly add another post blush

purplepidjincantatem Fri 22-Jul-11 12:38:56

Violet, I love it! unfortunately i can't find a follow button sad

I live in the New Forest area, let me know when you're about for a coffee (have campervan, can bring coffee to you if it's easier) Lepe, Milford and Friar's Cliff beaches have promenades relatively level with the sand so they're pretty accessible smile

New post here

londongirl4 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:01:08

Hi- I'm off to check out your blog, I also enjoy SEN blogs! I write one about having an autistic daughter, called Strange & Beautiful.

I post a bit less these days as life just seems to get in the way- I admire people who can keep up the momentum! smile

Rachel

Violet5 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:07:20

Thank you smile oh my god, i would LOVE a camper van !
Thanks for the info too, would be good to catch a coffee together. Love the New Forest. I'm in Salisbury but unfortuantely i don't drive (have tried and failed) and have to relie on my husband to chauffer me blush
Will definately check out Milford and Friars Cliff, i was at Lepe just last Monday with my Mum and a couple of the kids !

Just read your new post, well said ! I tried to comment but blogger doesn't always seem to like Wordpress, it was telling me my credentials weren't my own ! Will try again later, sometimes it's just a bit tempremental.

Wordpress doesn't have a 'Follow Me' option unfortunately, closest thing it has is a 'subscribe to' link i've just added on the left hand side (i'm not on FB or Twitter) smile

Violet5 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:39:00

londongirl4 sorry, i'd missed your post, just came across it and had a quick read of your blog.
I think it's lovely and v well/nicely written.
Will add it to my blog roll so i can re visit if that's ok smile

purplepidjincantatem Fri 22-Jul-11 13:46:24

Violet, Salisbury's practically local IMO!! Let me know when you've got time for coffee wink see profile for pics of my vehicles (your boys in particular might be interested)

Violet5 Fri 22-Jul-11 14:25:29

Ah thankyou very much smile, shall do both.
When i know i have a quiet time coming up i'll give you a shout and you could drop over for coffee and cake (i'm a stone's throw from the city center)
Just of for a quick nosey at your vehicles smile

Violet5 Fri 22-Jul-11 14:30:40

p.s....where do i click to find profile pics, just had a quick look but i couldn't see where blush

purplepidjin Fri 22-Jul-11 15:48:59

Click on my user name ^^ then scroll down to "See purplepidjin's photos". I've turned off the HP namechange now, so all pics should be visible hmm

Violet5 Fri 22-Jul-11 16:07:34

Thanks, they're great, thought i was just being a bit of a technophobe, just had a nose smile love your rabbit too ! we have a black and white french lop called Easter (he was an easter present year's ago for the girls, before i had the boys as well). He's 11 now, getting on bless him.
Just of to make tea for the hungry hoardes smile

hatchypom Fri 22-Jul-11 17:25:22

We have one too, my dd is deaf blog is alicesears.com

purplepidjin Fri 22-Jul-11 17:47:45

hatchypom's blog What a little cutie!!!

I have lovely DP making dinner - nice bit of trout and some potatoes from the pots on the patio!

I think my next blog will be less of the "SN" and more of the "life in general" - I'm off to Poland with half a dozen youngsters from the youth club I work on <terrified>

Violet5 Fri 22-Jul-11 21:31:18

That's a brilliant blog hatchypom smile added it to my blog roll, i find blogging quite cathartic too.

Violet5 Fri 22-Jul-11 21:34:26

Meant to say thank you for sharing, will enjoy re visiting.

hatchypom Sat 23-Jul-11 08:39:46

Thanks all smile

BakeliteBelle Sat 23-Jul-11 12:12:50

I really want to do a blog on the teenage years but I'm a technophobe and I don't know how to do it! Any advice?

purplepidjin Sat 23-Jul-11 13:06:08

Get a mate round, have a few glasses of wine, and play with one of the free sites! I use www.blogger.com, which seems to have a lot of technical problems which frustrate me, but their user interface is relatively simple to set up. Wordpress is another one that doesn't charge. Go to the website, register your blog name, and find a template you like. Then you just type whatever comes into your head grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: