Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

big hug at brownies

(9 Posts)
hannahsmummsy Thu 21-Jul-11 21:43:03

I help at a brownie group and I was running late tonight , when I got there a little girl with behavior problems ( who I have had to have gentle words with on several occasions) came straight up to me gave me a big hug and said " Im glad your here now " and then rejoined the group and continued with her boistress , but lovable behaviour. I wanted to share this because it really touched my heart. I goes to show how important that groups run like this if run inclusively can really give sn kids social experiences outside the strictness of the class room they wouldent normaly have , it also teaches nt kids torrarence and understaning that others may be diffrent to them but also equall. ( I know some clubs arent inclusive had to change my daugters girl guides because of this ). I have asd but the girls and leaders treat me as a human being and value my opions (the leader also understands my limitations and never places me in difficult situations.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CherryMandrake Thu 21-Jul-11 22:55:01

sounds exactly like my little girl and what she is like with her rainbows leader smile

coff33pot Fri 22-Jul-11 00:02:34

My DS goes to Beavers and loves every minute of it! grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 22-Jul-11 01:04:55

My DS is in scouts now and his school can't believe he's been on cub camps and everything. He went rifle shooting with them last week, but the noise was too scary for him! They have been really welcoming and it's given him the chance to meet people outside school, and one boy is going to his secondary school, giving him another friendly face for next term.

DS got invested into beavers yesterday. They are so lovely to him and remind him to cover his ears if there are bits that are going to be too loud for him and gently move him physically if he gets too close to people without realising.

I am hopeful that it might help him to make a friend even if it is not from his school smile

The leaders of brownies/beavers/cubs etc really deserve a medal for volunteering week after week. Well done Hannahsmummy for being one of those lovely leaders who let our children experience this sort of stuff along with NT children. smile

DS got invested into beavers yesterday. They are so lovely to him and remind him to cover his ears if there are bits that are going to be too loud for him and gently move him physically if he gets too close to people without realising.

I am hopeful that it might help him to make a friend even if it is not from his school smile

The leaders of brownies/beavers/cubs etc really deserve a medal for volunteering week after week. Well done Hannahsmummy for being one of those lovely leaders who let our children experience this sort of stuff along with NT children. smile

whoops

coff33pot Fri 22-Jul-11 20:06:50

When my DS was invested a few weeks back and they stood in a circle. He was watching the others intently and when it was his turn he went up front and the woman said "now repeat what I say after me" so DS seriously looked up and said "now repeat what I say after me" grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 22-Jul-11 20:35:46

Love it, coff33pot! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now