Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

my child has special needs is it really all my fault.

(4 Posts)
hannahsmummsy Wed 20-Jul-11 23:29:44

im starting to dispair , are dds special needs all my fault as all the proffesionals are saying . or is there any chance my dd could have needs that im not responsible for. feeling sarcastic.

streakybacon Thu 21-Jul-11 07:19:23

Most parents are blamed for their child's SN at some point along the way. It's a default setting for some professionals because it's cheaper to tell parents they are crap than to provide appropriate therapies.

Hang in there, and stick to your guns.

cory Thu 21-Jul-11 07:59:46

Of course it is Your Fault, because you are the Mother and if we can all blame you for Causing it then us professionals won't have to feel guilty about our failure to come up with any productive support.

<displays SN T-shirt>

And if you still insist on support we can always tell you that it would be very Bad for your child because helping them with their SN will show them that they are Different, which otherwise nobody would notice confused

(speaking here as the mother of two children with mobility problems who have on separate occasions been told by consultant that they must not be allowed to use a wheelchair because that makes them think of themselves as disabled and makes them a target for bullying- staying at home in bed otoh is apparently ok hmm)

hannahsmummsy Thu 21-Jul-11 13:34:25

that happened last winter , dont drive , got dd a wheelchair , school suddenly became suspicious , funny how it was fine to be off school in bed all day , when i ask for help and support, alarm bells start ringing my obbsessive axious parenting is in question . i wouldent be obbsesive and anxious if dd didnt text me all day saying how , lonley , left out , misserable , ill she feels

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now