Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How do you deal with the 'wearing only one outfit all the time'?

(7 Posts)
AtYourCervix Wed 20-Jul-11 17:05:02

It. Is. Driving. Me. Mad!

so frustrating, irritating, annoying and bloody inconvenient.

Yes DD. The bloody red jeans are too filthy to wear out in public.

Why were they not put in the basket this morning?

If they are in a scrumpled bloody heap in your room how am I supposed to know they need washing?

Yes you do have more trousers.

Just pick any pair of sodding trousers and put them on.

Actually she has 2 favourite pairs at the mo (and 17 other ones which have suddenly become too tight, itchy, hard and sore, but were perfectly acceptable 2 weeks ago)

Both pairs are dirty.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

Goblinchild Wed 20-Jul-11 17:37:48

Mine has 5 pairs of the same sort of trousers, plus three school uniform trousers and ditto for shirts. Others notice, but we don't care.
We had a breakthrough a couple of months ago, when he found a pair of trousers that were both a different style and colour that he liked, shock
He has no problems locating the laundry basket.

moosemama Wed 20-Jul-11 18:24:03

With some things I make sure we have two or three pairs - plus the next couple of sizes up if possible as well.

That said, I can pretty much guarantee that ds will become attached to some obscure item of clothing that someone else bought him as a present and I have no hope of replicating. Then its a case of washing by stealth, ie pinching them from his bedroom while he's asleep, washing and drying them and putting them back when I go up to bed. He's dreadful with the Joules fluffy fleeces that my Mum buys him every winter - I have to literally peel it off him and they are too damned expensive for me to have more than one.

He is currently sitting next to me wearing a pair of age 3-4 Scooby Doo pyjamas (grr another gift - I don't buy character clothes) that he's particularly fond of. hmm Lucky for us he's so tiny that they still fit him - if you turn a blind eye to the fact they were full length trousers, but are now hovering around his knees! grin

MugglesandLuna Wed 20-Jul-11 19:56:24

We have 5 of the same orange monkey T-shirt from Next. It looks like he lives in it, and he thinks he does, but he is actually wearing a different one every day.

I feel the need to explain this to people so they dont think I am a slattern or a scrooge whos Son only has one T-shirt to his name.

I dont know what I am going to do when he grows out of them.

AtYourCervix Wed 20-Jul-11 21:04:38

bloody obsessiveness combined with a teenagers inability to put dirty clothes in the washing basket. grrrrrrrrrrrr

IndigoBell Wed 20-Jul-11 21:13:21

You mean your DC actually take their clothes off to go to bed?

All I can say is thank god for school uniform. And in the holidays he doesn't see the same people every day so they don't notice he hasn't changed for a week.

Although I guess our new nanny will notice pretty quickly grin

moosemama Thu 21-Jul-11 09:48:00

Hmm, not exactly - he changes out of his uniform as soon as he gets home and puts on his favourite pjs. I then have to literally fight him out of them so we can leave the house over the weekend. Of course thats in addition to the fact that by Sunday, he will be wearing Friday, Saturday and Sunday's pants and socks! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now