Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ds and dd at the play area today

(10 Posts)
someoneoutthere Wed 20-Jul-11 16:26:53

At the soft play area today, I was just watching ds and dd playing. DD being the social butterflies she is, was after making friends and soon was playing with a girl of her age. Ds was playing by himself again as usual. Suddenly dd brings her friend over to ds and says-

Meet my big brother ds
The girl asked ds "what is your name"?
Ds sceams -no
Dd:my mum says ds don'ts talk much.
The girl- what is your name?
Ds-"ds" in a very squeaky voice
The girl- what is your name
Ds- "ds" in a very clear voice

It made me so happy to see ds responding to a child especially a complete stranger. He normally ignores any child talking to him and this was completely unprompted. I had to share!!

zzzzz Wed 20-Jul-11 16:46:05

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
and
YEEEEEEEHAAAAH!
grin
How absolutely lovely....perhaps he wants to talk to them just doesn't know how to. We taught my ds and his whole class to say "Hello, my names DS, do you want to play?"....they all say it now to each other and it has been a HUGE help.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 20-Jul-11 16:48:21

Lovely, and a good idea from zzzzz. smile

babs2011 Wed 20-Jul-11 17:09:58

hi , my son 8 is and wants to interact with kids all the time but thay often dont know how to take him ,,,,but at the same time walking past kids he know's from the school will say hello to him and he will just walk on not even looking up at them .. he dose this with adults to even my self when i'd drop him off at school saying good bye i get no response . as done this from a very young age .smile

MugglesandLuna Wed 20-Jul-11 17:33:55

Thats such a nice story - well done to your DS smile

signandsmile Wed 20-Jul-11 18:45:23

well done little someone! grin

someoneoutthere Wed 20-Jul-11 19:01:19

Thank you everyone, it's so nice to be able to share with people who understand. Ds most of the times responds to adult, but completely ignores children.

coff33pot Thu 21-Jul-11 18:31:09

Just saw this post! Its a lovely story! awwwww grin

queenoffairies Thu 21-Jul-11 18:45:24

Well done to himgrin And to your DD for introducing him smile

Al1son Thu 21-Jul-11 20:23:37

What a great step forward. Well done little someone!

Thank you for sharing and making me smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now