Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Whats the best holiday you have taken your children with SN on?

(7 Posts)
MugglesandLuna Wed 20-Jul-11 10:32:05

Just looking for some inspiration.

DS hated Butlins but loves Centre Parcs, but am looking to go somewhere different. We have booked a cottage on a farm for next summer, but want to find somewhere for next June.

Any ideas or recommendations?

IndigoBell Wed 20-Jul-11 10:36:02

SunParks are like a cheaper, less glossy version of Centre Parcs in Belgium.

zzzzz Wed 20-Jul-11 13:45:20

Depends on budget. Depends on sn I guess.

We liked Centre Parcs, but for me the ultimate holiday is always beach, pool, big hotel with buffet breakfast and several different restaurants. In some ways you can get that vibe at Centre Parcs but I like the Far East. What can I say, I'm just a sucker for long haul and tropical nights....sadly budget is now more tents and bucket and spade! grin

In an ideal world you would take your child to the kind of places you like.....then they will grow up liking the same stuff you do and you can all be happy together. Well that's my ideal world anyway. My children do like soft play places which I find shock! But all of them like swimming which is great grin.

Any holiday helps enormously with ds's language and behaviour.

hannahsmummsy Wed 20-Jul-11 13:47:05

we had short coach trip to euro disney, the acces tickets saved hours of queueing .

MugglesandLuna Wed 20-Jul-11 18:14:02

I dont know if DLP would be too busy for DS, although he loves Special Agent Oso.

TheHumanCatapult Wed 20-Jul-11 18:22:29

skituk Camp grin

signandsmile Wed 20-Jul-11 18:34:51

we are on 'tight' wink budget, so anything other than cheap is out anyway, but best thing we have found is devon cliffs holiday park at exmouth. we use Newmans holidays to book (they are private owners organisation even though it is a haven camp) that way we can book specific caravan to meet needs, they have beach on site, lovely pool and not too busy (unlike Butlins which is always heaving!) they also have good quiet adventure playground and are only 5 mins drive from exmouth beach which is huge and (usually) quiet. Suits both dh (physical disabilities) and ds (ASD and LD).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now