Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

what is a core assement

(6 Posts)
hannahsmummsy Tue 19-Jul-11 18:33:48

social services are doing a core assement, dd has missed a lot of school in the last year (due to various illness) , the social worked used the word faking illness. (they think ethier dd is faking or im making her fake it ). she gets a lot of coughs and colds , is under the physio for knee problems. The whole idea that i may be facking her illness and not knowing how to cope when she is ill ( i have forced her to go to school only for her to be sent home), has driven me to suiciadal feelings of parental faliure . i am woried about what dd is saying to chams and ss , (she is very dramatic and young for her age.). dd also gets dla , she has alot more needs than an average 15 yr old , im worried they think i may be causing her to be ill for finatial gain (to be honest i would give up the money tommorow for a happy healthy child). I have asd and appear more anxious under pressure , the school etc say im phoning them to get my own needs met , when im phoning them about dd concerns. have appeal comming about lea rufusal to asses.i have great carer and mh social worker who really stick up for me , but childerns services seem to be a law to themselves . what is a core assesment what may happen ???

rebl Tue 19-Jul-11 19:35:20

I don't know what a core assessment is I'm afraid but I hate this whole accuse the mother thing. Today I've been accussed of making my ds's problems up and I'm in a terrible state. I actually do have camhs saying that there are problems and a ss report clearly stating that ds has severe challenging behaviour and no regard for his own safety but still the paed says I'm making it up. I don't know what the answers are I really don't sad. I wish I did. All I can say is you're not alone.

hannahsmummsy Tue 19-Jul-11 20:09:55

thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

davidsotherhalf Tue 19-Jul-11 20:17:06

a core assessment is to see what your dd's needs are and how much help she needs with day to day tasks, when you see sw ask for carers assessment, make sure you get one done as this could provide extra help for you,

hannahsmummsy Tue 19-Jul-11 20:24:39

they refused a carers assement said dd didnt meet there disability criteria , i got to the very end of my tether became suicidal and now my parenting is in question , it feels like punisment for asking for help.

davidsotherhalf Wed 20-Jul-11 12:24:32

ss cannot refuse a carers assessment, put it in writing to them, keep a copy yourself and send letter recorded delivery, if ss still refuse carers assessment then you will need to go to complaints dept,
i had this problem with ss refusing carers assessment, do you have a carers association in your area? (cass) they helped me get mine done, hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now