Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Daft question about DLA

(3 Posts)
Galena Tue 19-Jul-11 13:15:11

So I've nearly finished filling in the DLA form for DD (2.3 and CP spastic diplegia). I'm on the 'extra information bit in section 26. I've filled the box, and want to add a bit more info and a typical daily diary. Is it ok to do it on the computer? I've hand written the rest, but I've just about had enough! Also, I need to put in various doctors and consultants in section 33 and I thought doing that on the computer I could copy and paste. Is it ok?

If they reject it after all this I don't know what more they can need! I've shown I do 6 hours of physio and 'additional' stuff with her each day over and above an 'average' 2-year old. What if they say it isn't enough?! I don't know what I'll do. sad

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Tue 19-Jul-11 13:30:11

it's fine to do it on the computer, easier to read if your handwriting is anything like mine especially if you space it out nicely and use bullet points. Just make sure you write your/childs name and reference on each additional sheet. And don't forget to copy the lot before you post it, makes it easier to do next time, and of course a well deserved wine for getting through it!

coppertop Tue 19-Jul-11 13:35:36

I usually write in the boxes and then type the rest on the computer, print it off and use treasury tags to attach it all. I usually end up with a lot of extra sheets and have never had a problem doing it this way.

Best of luck with the application. If they do turn you down, there's lots of advice on the SN boards about getting the application reconsidered and also appealing the decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now