Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Please can I have some help

(4 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Tue 19-Jul-11 11:25:57

Can I have some help/advice here please

sickofsocalledexperts Tue 19-Jul-11 11:43:29

just replied on the other thread. I would definitely come on here rather than AIBU with an issue like this about aspergers. Some on AIBU may be less than sympathetic!

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 19-Jul-11 11:52:19

SOSCE, ty tbh last night i just needed to get it off my chest.

drivemecrazy63 Wed 20-Jul-11 12:39:03

Hi glad you posted, ive been in a similar position a few times with ds.
No1 i would insist that you come in for a serious chat about implimenting the stratagies and IEP (you have had a new IEP ?) withh senco if you have found they are not very helpful get someone to arrange it for you so they take it seriously someone like Parent Partnership/ snap whatever mediators you have in your area, when you have the meeting take notes so they know you mean buisness and also you will have notes on what they have said when they said it ect ect.
If ds is so unhappy are there other options, some part time HE or part school part SS or PRU part time there are other options so its worth chatting about.#
Next they should impliment some stratagies for when ds is upset ie whatsuits him best a walk in playground and fresh air, or a comfy quiet space. an that all teachers know that he may need to leave the room when stressed... perhaps this environment is not for him or its a simple class change that would help (is there particular character in the class whos upsetting him)
Lastly I think for your ds you may be handling his (true appauling at times behaviour) but maybe behaviours he cant help.
repeating words and phrases is quite common for AS/ASD dcs andso are meltdowns and stress.
Yes you do have to let him know certain behaviours are not tollerated but keep school and home separate if they or you punish him make it short sharp thrift thats over never to be mentioned again as soon as it occurs and NEVER should it run into the next day, this is tried and tested way SS deal with dc and it really works we let them dicipline him at school once home its over and we did the same when he was at MS .. maybe your ds needs more assistance than he used to or maybe the teen hormones are running amuck, this must be hard time for any ds let alone someone whos AS or ASD so take a deep breath and take each incident as a seperate entity, maybe see CAMHS if you are not under them already as their maybe underlying issues he needs help with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now