Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

bristol children's hospital

(5 Posts)
elliejjtiny Sat 16-Jul-11 19:32:02

has anyone stayed there? My friend's dd (aged 13) is going in for allergy tests for a couple of days. She is on a GF diet. Any tips? My friend asked me if we'd been but we've gone to frenchay and st michael's, not the childrens hospital

crazymum53 Sun 17-Jul-11 15:34:07

We did stay overnight when dd was admitted as a late night emergency admission but we didn't get much sleep! We were shown to a parents room which had a couple of bunk beds and was very warm ! In some wards there are pull-out beds for parents to sleep on but I think this may be aimed at younger children (under 5s) rather than teenagers.
I think that BCH does have a ward for teenagers and there are also education facilities for school age children and a play centre.
There are also visitors kitchens in most wards for parents to make tea etc. as well as a visitors dining room / cafe.
Hope this helps

crazymum53 Sun 17-Jul-11 15:34:26

We did stay overnight when dd was admitted as a late night emergency admission but we didn't get much sleep! We were shown to a parents room which had a couple of bunk beds and was very warm ! In some wards there are pull-out beds for parents to sleep on but I think this may be aimed at younger children (under 5s) rather than teenagers.
I think that BCH does have a ward for teenagers and there are also education facilities for school age children and a play centre.
There are also visitors kitchens in most wards for parents to make tea etc. as well as a visitors dining room / cafe.
Hope this helps

zzzzz Sun 17-Jul-11 19:45:24

There is a parents room and a sort of cafe that used to do a cooked breakfast. If you cross the road and walk about 100m up the road there is a pub that does basic steak and chips.....we were there with a very sick dd, but much younger. There is a play area where you can sit outside and I think table football/pool tables but we were focused on under 2's. Parking is hell.

elliejjtiny Sat 23-Jul-11 13:34:05

Thankyou so much, that's really helpful. Just found out she is going in on monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now