Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Clumsy toddler with some hand/head trembling

(5 Posts)
Jerbil Sat 16-Jul-11 01:54:58

My 2&1/2 yr old DS goes to a nursery and recently they have reported that his hand/arm and head tremble when he is eating i.e when he is holding the spoon/fork up to his mouth. It has also been a long standing joke since he could walk that he is always falling over. he has now been referred to a pediatrician, but just wondered if anyone has similar experiences. His motor skills actualy seem fine.

Jerbil Thu 04-Aug-11 02:49:15

bump - hope no-one minds

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 04-Aug-11 13:35:34

Sorry, Jerbil, I don't know, but bumping for you.

survivingsummer Thu 04-Aug-11 19:52:54

Hi - sounds to me like a mild tremor but could of course be other things and I am no expert. My dd has a slight tremor which shows when she tries to hold a cup at times (she needs to use 2 hands) and particularly when she's trying hard to do something e.g. drawing, threading beads etc.

Might be worth getting GP opinion?

Jerbil Thu 04-Aug-11 21:36:20

Thanks for the bump Ellie...

surviving summer... Yes we have been to GP, and she did a few tests on him. One thing he did was failed to lift his left arm to use the toy she gave him. I've noticed him doing it a few other times too.

She says she'll refer him to the Community Pediatrician because of him bein rather clumsy. But she didn't say anything about the tremor. I should've asked but I freeze in Docs rooms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now