Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

They stitched me up a corker

(12 Posts)
Frustrated2003 Fri 15-Jul-11 09:05:37

Well where do I start, had a child protection conference about my son, due to a false malicious allegation about leaving him unattended, which they could not prove. There were 2 soical workers there with different reports one was fair and balanced and the other report was factually inaccurate, when that social worker was challenged she stated to info came from the other social worker, which he stated he did not provide in the meeting, and to which she responded she did not know where the information came from in that case.

My son was placed on a Child Protection Plan because they said that as I have moved house it has caused him instability and I hasten to add I moved 2 times he is 8. Thus causing him to have the needs he has.

Education want to place him in a PRU even though all evidence is that its not appropriate as they cant meet his needs. Headteacher on our visit threatened to call the police as my son kicked her, she told him it was common assualt, its flipping ridiculous, he is autistic and deaf, oh the joys.

Education have said with a Child Protection Plan it will enable them to ensure that I send him to the provision that they think can meet his needs.

Anyway because of this I also wont be able to go back to work as they h ave said that as I am at home they do not need to provide any respite, plus my professional registration is being investigated due to CP outcome.

anyway rant over am sorry.

bedheadz Fri 15-Jul-11 09:30:47

Don't have any advice sorry, but didn't want to leave unanswered. Someone knowledgeable will be along with some good advice.

We all know that change is hard for dc on the spectrum but for ffs since when did moving home become a child protection issue.

As one of the reports was proved to be factually incorrect has this report been taken out of your file?

Really sorry to hear this is affecting your employment as well sending you a unMN like (((Hug)))

coff33pot Fri 15-Jul-11 11:36:07

Dont know where to advise to be honest but want to send you a hug as you must be feeling pretty raw right now x

If the factually incacurate report cannot be challenged or confirmed as to who made it then surely NONE of the accusations should stand...............

bochead Fri 15-Jul-11 11:38:28

Due to delays in getting assessed I haven't moved and have been criticised for that! (Can anyone here work out how to increase a mortgage by approx £150K to get a larger property in the same area while on benefits due to being unable to work cos of son? No neither could I lol!)

You answer that you moved house in order to provide more appropriate accomodation for your son's needs. Moving home twice by the time a kids 8 isn't a CP issue or half the middle class would have their kids in care already.

You aren't working so get on the phone to Levenes or similar decent education solicitor and lodge an educational tribunal date for your son asap. You'll get an indy ed pysch report as part of your legal aid. Do the same with a family lawyer TODAY!

Get your union onto the employment situation.

Log everything that's happened in a diary to be shared ONLY with your solicitors at this stage (so the authorities can't take info you provide to use against you).

A deaf autistic child should probably be in a specialist school - look up the priory group and the camberly group and other independent providers so that you have a VIABLE alternative to the PRU to work towards when talking to education. No child protection judge is gonna recc a PRU for an 8 year old kid with needs that specialist IF you can show an alternative, neither is a CP judge gonna hold it against you for going to ed tribunal. The judge is not your corrupt local authority. Under NO circumstances sign a section 20 - let them take you to court where you'll be more likely to get a fair hearing.

The PRU is the cheap option and these people think they have you on the run. Be as proacative on ALL fronts you possibly can be.

tiredoffightingwithjelly Fri 15-Jul-11 11:46:38

Frustrated, I am so sorry to hear about your experiences. It must be both devastating and scary given your employment is at risk also.

Were either of the social workers from a disability team? What support have they provided to you and your child, if any? What reasonable adjustments have been made at school to support your child and accomodate his needs?

Moving house twice would not be sufficient grounds on its own for a CP plan. Instability is a concern at times but what you describe on its own would not be sufficient, there are very clear thresholds for a child protection plan, the child must be shown to have suffered harm, be likely to suffer harm in the future and the harm must be significant.
It is as you will know a multi agency decision so other agencies presumably agreed with the analysis of the social workers and conference?

No suprise you feel that you need to rant, I hope this is a safe place for you to do so, do you have a supporter helping you?

yearningforthesun Fri 15-Jul-11 12:57:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rebl Fri 15-Jul-11 16:05:46

I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I have to say I've been critised for causing my ds's behaviour problems to increase because of moving house, just once as well! So because we have children with SN we're not allowed to move now either?

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 15-Jul-11 16:53:45

Sorry frustrated. No advice just honking for you. smile

hannahsmummsy Fri 15-Jul-11 17:09:09

if moving house has a cp issuse half the population would be in care

Frustrated2003 Fri 15-Jul-11 18:13:38

Thank you for all your support it is appreciated. Today I phoned a solicitor and she has said its mal administration so am thinking of going down that route to change the decision but it stinks to be honest. As if life isnt difficult enough as it is with my DS.

hannahsmummsy Fri 15-Jul-11 18:17:20

i really understand xx i feel picked on because i have a disability so all my dds problems get blamed on that , i better not move house as well

mariamagdalena Fri 15-Jul-11 23:21:55

Deaf specialist CAMHS I don't know if these guys would be any use to you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: