Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Starting school in September thread - anyone else?

(3 Posts)
BialystockandBloom Thu 14-Jul-11 22:32:19

Not sure if there is a thread for those of us whose dc are starting school in September.

We've only had ds's (ASD) school place confirmed in the last couple of weeks, along with finalising his statement (which we're going to appeal). Hectic week trying to plan transition. Especially busy for our Early Years Intervention Officer who finally has to do something for us has sent me a few emails now telling me she is shortly going to be contacting the school to plan a meeting to discuss a plan for transition planning...

Bypassing all of that, I took ds to the school this morning, the lovely senco took us round the classroom, and met the class teacher who also seems lovely, so I'm feeling pretty encouraged by all of that.

Just have to crack ds's toilet training in the next 6 weeks hmm

I'd be interested to hear how others are preparing.

signandsmile Fri 15-Jul-11 07:45:40

Hi ds off to mainstream in Sept, but got statement for 1 -1 for school hours (not breaks and lunch). School have been brill Ive been training them in sign language, ds has had extra prep visits, just him, as well as the two with his cohort, we have just read the social story book made by portage and school for the third time this morning.... hmm, grin.

am feeling really hopeful for it all... but also really anxious too.... altho ds will get a slow graduated start, so we can build up to full days and full weeks.

chuckeyegg Fri 15-Jul-11 07:50:52

We got toilet training to do here too! And practising changing into PE kit, he's good at taking clothes off but we've not mastered putting them back on. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now