Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

'working document' - i need opinions on it

(20 Posts)
nicevideoshameaboutthesong Thu 14-Jul-11 10:43:06

Please, can anyone take a look at our 'working document' and see if they can help me dissect it / fix it?

Tribunal looms large on 30 September. We would love to come to some arrangement before then, DD1 needs this in place when she starts Juniors, not a month later...

ArthurPewty Thu 14-Jul-11 12:18:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BialystockandBloom Thu 14-Jul-11 15:20:09

Not sure if I can help with the document, as haven't been through tribunal yet (though will be soon!). But just wanted to bump, and say hi, I was wondering where you were just the other day - didn't realise you had name-changed!

ArthurPewty Thu 14-Jul-11 16:19:37

Claw3 Thu 14-Jul-11 16:23:40

Hi Leonie, ive just lost at Tribunal so not the best person to give advice!

You were banned, really?! thats the first time i have heard of someone being banned, what on earth did you say? you are bad arse grin

ArthurPewty Thu 14-Jul-11 16:25:49

Claw3 Thu 14-Jul-11 16:31:38

Oh well, welcome back! smile

ArthurPewty Thu 14-Jul-11 16:33:52

Lougle Thu 14-Jul-11 17:03:33

Welcome back, sinner grin

ArthurPewty Thu 14-Jul-11 17:27:42

Lougle Thu 14-Jul-11 17:31:17

Ahem...we knew that, you didn't have to get banned to prove it. wink

ArthurPewty Thu 14-Jul-11 20:37:43

ArthurPewty Fri 15-Jul-11 17:48:42

pinkorkid Fri 15-Jul-11 21:29:56

Welcome back Leonie, banned but not beaten.

As for the conventions of re-writing the working document - so long as you supply a key, you can do what you like. I used strikethrough for "suggest this should be deleted" and bold for any addition I thought should be made. In each case I gave a reference to the evidence I felt supported my suggested change in a numbered footnote.

eg • To discuss his anxieties and work with an adult a professional in the field of child psychiatry trained in delivering cognitive behavioural therapy
and pointed out in the footnote "an adult " was too vague and referred to the camhs letter recommending professional support.

You could also use footnotes to refer to relevant parts of sen code of practice or dda that their suggested wording would appear to be contravening. So for all the "access to" or "up to x hours" woolly recommendations, you point out that sencop says support should be quantified.

Also anything useful in reports submitted which has been left out "in the interests of making the statement not be too unwieldy" hmm, just copy and paste those recommendations directly into the relevant section of the statement.

I'd also recommend getting another person to read through it - pwp spotted some omissions that I had failed to see when they checked the statemtn for me.

ArthurPewty Sat 16-Jul-11 21:24:56

izzie123 Sat 16-Jul-11 21:39:09

With the amendments remember that you need evidence to back up your changes. So generally you would be using your experts reports (if you have some) or reports from your NHS SALT, OT, Physio, school, EP, Paed etc.. anything you can refer to. Otherwise it is just your view as a parent and if the LA has evidence of different provision ie report from school, SALT then the tribunal is much more likely to go in their favour. Also don't let the LA realise you are keen to settle before September otherwise they will use that to negotiate you down. Although I can understand it would be better if it was sorted before then, the most important thing is that you DC gets what they need. If it's a disaster through September this will actually help you at tribunal. Its all very stressful and you might often want to let go of it but LAs often settle at the last minute.

ArthurPewty Sun 17-Jul-11 08:38:25

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 17-Jul-11 08:43:42

Have just seen this, would be glad to take a look at it. PM me if you wish.

ArthurPewty Sun 17-Jul-11 10:40:50

ArthurPewty Sun 17-Jul-11 13:37:35

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now