Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Private assesment tomorrow...

(5 Posts)
Lulu1981 Wed 13-Jul-11 16:08:34

After much thought my husband and I have decided to have our daughter assessed privately, for what I beleive to be aspergers. I have no idea what to expect and what he will ask of her, I am pretty nerous to be honest.

I am trying to list all of her 'quirks' but as she doesn't display all of them every day I am finding it quite difficult. I have a very brief report from the school, is there anything else i should do to prepare....

IndigoBell Wed 13-Jul-11 16:13:05

They will ask you all her baby milestones.......

When did she speak, walk etc.

And all her medical history......

dolfrog Wed 13-Jul-11 16:22:14

Lulu1981
have a look at
Diagnostic Criteria for 299.80: Asperger's Disorder
which it taken from
Identification and Evaluation of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorders

Lulu1981 Wed 13-Jul-11 19:56:09

thank you... mmmm baby milestones, i might have to give that some though as to when things happened.... lol

It is very hard to list behaviours that i now consider to be normal for her as a problem... just have to wait to see what the dr says tomorrow, i suppose.

coff33pot Wed 13-Jul-11 20:40:01

Have you got any baby videos? I used them to jog memory ie first walking, talking etc and other things like eye contact, sleep patterns, likes hugs or not, eating habits toilet training. Its amazing how it all floods back on the watch of a childhood film smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now