Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS3 to community paediatrican today....

(16 Posts)
justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 12-Jul-11 09:54:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IndigoBell Tue 12-Jul-11 10:05:42

good luck.

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 12-Jul-11 10:05:56

TotalChaos Tue 12-Jul-11 10:07:15

fingers crossed justa (squeeze)

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 12-Jul-11 10:32:08

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 12-Jul-11 20:57:05

What's 'the list?' Where do you go from here, justa?

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 12-Jul-11 21:01:10

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 12-Jul-11 21:04:59

TotalChaos Tue 12-Jul-11 21:15:26

so was that pretty much as you expected opinion wise, hope you and DH are feeling not too rotten about it all... obviously it's good to feel that your concerns are being taken seriously, but equally it's hard to see your concerns validated! I guess with private SALT involved you have a plan for what to do next anyway, so a 3 month wait and see isn't going to delay intervention.

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 12-Jul-11 21:22:10

Lougle Tue 12-Jul-11 21:28:22

Well done, my friend. First hurdle crossed. You are more patient than me grin but I think I agree with you that watch and wait in this case, will do DS3 no harm.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 12-Jul-11 21:28:46

Hi justa, sorry misunderstood 'the list' blush Thought your DS had made it on to a referral list or something. ((((hugs)))) It does look like a very familiar set of behaviours, but quite a short one. My quirky DS3 had a very strong teletubby obsession for years, collected 4 of everything in teletubby colours. He's somewhere on the spectrum, I'm sure, but nowhere near as worrying as DS2. How old is your DS3, sorry I've forgotten?

TotalChaos Tue 12-Jul-11 21:28:52

must admit that the pointing at body parts stuff did ring a bell - my DS pointed at them at 18 month check but not at 36 months(!). I'ld say that overall my DS stalled between 24 and 36 months, rather than regressed, so this sort of backwards step doesn't always lead to a more serious regression. Obviously a chicken and egg question as to whether he became withdrawn due to whopping receptive language delay or whether the whopping receptive language delay was because there was something in his perception of the world that had gone pearshaped (he became v. v. good at jigsaws indeed that year) [hmmm]

BialystockandBloom Tue 12-Jul-11 21:35:10

Hmm, difficult isn't it. How old is ds? He sounds pretty young (under 2?). Much of it sounds within normal development. But that doesn't always mean much does it.

What's important is getting on and doing something to help whatever difficulties he has anyway, not the dx. Even if you get a dx, that doesn't mean help will magically appear <tries not to sound too bitter>. Much better off spending your energy and time researching ways of actually helping with his behaviour and development.

Can you redirect him when he starts throwing toys/obsessing with balls?

BialystockandBloom Tue 12-Jul-11 21:37:34

The refusal to co-operate might be just that - not being bothered to join in, rather than not being able to. Not that being non-co-operative is necessarily a better thing, just that you're looking a different difficulty there.

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 12-Jul-11 22:20:37

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: