Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Swimming

(4 Posts)
Calally Sun 10-Jul-11 21:29:43

Ds loves water, n really enjoys swimming. Haven't been for awhile, so decided we'd go today. Paid for 1 adult and 1 child, £6.10, and if I'd like to use the locker, I would need a token, which would be another £1. Almost fainted. £7 to go swimming. Poor people who have more than 1 kid. Decided to ask If they had any concessions for disabled people. No, not as yet, altho there have been lots of requests, so council may do something, maybe next april! So my idea of going swimming weekly, is going to cost me a small fortune! And they wonder why people don't use the leisure centres very often?!

chuckeyegg Sun 10-Jul-11 21:50:30

That's pretty steep, I've recently started taking DS who is 4 to toddler splash and it's in the training pool and it only cost £2.30 for both of us.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 10-Jul-11 22:24:29

All kids swim for free in our local pool. Only the adults have to pay. Might not last in the current financial climate, I suppose, but your pool is expensive.

zzzzz Sun 10-Jul-11 22:45:10

Ours swim for free [the kids] if they have swimming lessons which are less than £20 a month....still I have 5 kids so we don't go any more sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now