Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dyslexic suicide boy 16

(5 Posts)
dolfrog Sun 10-Jul-11 15:42:06

please read
Dyslexic boy, 16, hanged himself 'after bullying by teachers at his primary school eight years earlier' and Michael Gove wants more untrained and under qualified teachers

CQrrrneee Sun 10-Jul-11 15:45:08

absolutely tragic sad

Mitmoo Sun 10-Jul-11 15:57:06

OMG that is my worst nightmare, how awful for those left behind. My son first attempted suicide at 9 years old (ASD and OCD) but couldn't go through with it thankfully. That first time was due to teacher bullying and a head who threatened to come down hard on him for telling counsellors about the teacher. It was an awful time, he stil returns to those dark feelings and I've had to remove him from two different schools one teacher bullying, one it was the kids bullying him.

unpa1dcar3r Sun 10-Jul-11 17:32:12

A good friend of mne brought up to be told he was thick/stupid cos of his dyslexia etc...erm...hang on, he's just got a 1st in his degree! (I got a 2:1)

Dyslexia does not equal stupid. I must believe there is more to this than teachers ignorance or I'll go mad!

drivemecrazy63 Sun 10-Jul-11 20:32:59

here too ds was bullied at first then middle school and systematically told he was stupid by teachers time and time again and they wonder why I took him out of the school HT wouldnt admit or help saying "we dont have bullying in our school" and told me he wasnt that bad or that far behind , when i removed him and sent him to another smaller school she shouted at me in front of other parents as i left her office that i was ridiculous, a year later he was diagnosed ASD,Dyspraxic ,,,, thats how ridiculous i am and if i hadnt i truly believe he would quite possibly be dead now as he had tried to drown himself twice (i have to wait outside now when he bathes) and put cords round his neck numerous times , said he wished he was dead and tried running away he was 8 -10 when this was happening but hey what do i know im ridiculous. poor family left behind bloody politicians and red tape

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now